Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today on the Isle of Skye I needed guidance to reach the Mallaig ferry. Entered place name of Armadale and it couldn't find it or other nearby places. Wasn't a difficult route so just headed off diy. Strangely when we got going the satnav knew the route and directed us. Weird!
Do find the satnav quite good but getting it to do as I want is a bit hit and miss. Anyone tried using option to navigate to point on map and find only a mini screen to scroll around with limited zoom?
On the plus side on our way up to Scotland found it successfully navigated us round heavy congestion on the (dreaded)Edinburgh ring road. Brilliant!

·
Registered
463 Posts
May have lost GPS then picked it up when you moved.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe but surely place name should have been in the database? Also doubt it would need mobile phone signal.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Car has its own GPS Aerial

·
Registered
390 Posts
I find that the VW sat nav is not always quite "there"

For example, I approach a local crossroad on my way to Manchester - the sat nav then asks me to - Turn left, go 1 km, turn around, go 2 km, turn around, go 1 km and turn right.

Needless to say I just go over the crossroad - I get similar events when M6 J18/19 blocks but here it sends you off the motorway and then finally sends you back onto it.

Added to its other "features" I wonder why VW bothered to install it.

Cheers Earl

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi all,

My Navigation displayed poor accuracy when I first bought the Tiguan. It located me up to 300m away from actual position. When I checked I found it was showing 0/1 satellites were in sight. This was due to a failed GPS antenna, which was replaced under warranty by my dealer.

My satellite count is now 11/12 away from buildings and down to 8/10 in town and accuracy is good

Satellite count can be found under 'Position' in the split screen mode.

It might be worth checking how many satellites the Nav is seeing, just in case.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have this now. I can be out of position by up to 100 miles! Satnav unusable, and speed limit display going crazy.

In this pic I am parked at the top left of the screen (near A511)...

Organism World Font Electronic device Space

Here I am only a little off the motorway:

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Pottsy said:
I have this now. I can be out of position by up to 100 miles! Satnav unusable, and speed limit display going crazy.

In this pic I am parked at the top left of the screen (near A511)...

20170908_202832.jpg

Here I am only a little off the motorway:

How many satellites are you locked to Pottsy ? It does sound like you've lost GPS lock totally.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'll fess up - no idea! Couldn't find the data because I don't use split screen (was searching in the settings). Will report back, but I suspect I know the answer...

The issue is intermittent. Can go for days working fine, then it does this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts