Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owner of a 2016 tiguan 2.0 tdi 4motion. I have just noticed a damp area above the rear passenger on the driver's side. Has anyone had this before and know how to fix??
Automotive lighting Vehicle door Tints and shades Automotive exterior Window

·
Registered
348 Posts
I am sorry you are having this issue.

As with all water leaks, there are a number of possible causes. If your car has a pano-roof, the most likely cause is one of the drain pipes for the roof is blocked. There are a number of threads on this forum about this - also worth searching under spider-traps as well as these are often the cause or contribute to the pipes blocking.

If your car doesn't have a pano-roof, you probably need to check the seal around the roof aerial or around the tailgate door. Worth also checking where the tailgate door attaches to the car - especially around the hinges for instance.

Water leaks in any car, what ever the cause, are not fun. I hope it is easily remedied. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

As with all water leaks, there are a number of possible causes. If your car has a pano-roof, the most likely cause is one of the drain pipes for the roof is blocked. There are a number of threads on this forum about this - also worth searching under spider-traps as well as these are often the cause or contribute to the pipes blocking.

If your car doesn't have a pano-roof, you probably need to check the seal around the roof aerial or around the tailgate door. Worth also checking where the tailgate door attaches to the car - especially around the hinges for instance.

Water leaks in any car, what ever the cause, are not fun. I hope it is easily remedied. Good luck.

I dont have a pano roof so will give the other possibilities a look. Disappointed that a 4yr old car can develop this type of issue.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I hope it is something easily identified and cheaply remedied. Good luck.

Reactions: sdalsc

·
Registered
209 Posts
Does the rear washer work? I would look to investigate behind the c pillar trim to see if the rear washer pipe has become disconnected or if it is leaking. The rear washer pipe takes that exact route and if it’s leaking there is a union at that location which could have become separated.

see the following image:
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Font Art Automotive parking light

if you can remove the c pillar trim from the boot you should be able to tack the pipe back to the headline, gently peep under the liner and you should see the pipe. Get someone to squirt the rear washer whilst you have the pipe visible, maybe put your hand around the union and see if that’s the leak. Good luck, its the sort of fault which used to occur on older cars, maybe it just wasn’t pushed together well enough when first installed and over time it’s separated so hopefully it’s an easy fix.

cheers Axel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts