Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of fitting a DDPAI 6 mini dash cam around £53 on e-bay, this has no screen and small barrel shape that is stuck to screen by a 3M double sided pad.
Has anyone fitted this model?
The camera is about 80mm long and 44mm diameter so it could be mounted right at the top of the windscreen clear of rear mirror sensor.
The dapple pattern either side of rear mirror/road sign camera, is it also some sort of sensor as would like to use this area for the 3M mounting pad, will it cause any problems?.

Car is very good quality and lots of room, done 1000k first 2 weeks I had it when I took it to France, a word of warning to VW contract hire users if you take the car abroad. Get your VE103 replacement log book (as you are not the owner) as soon as you can it lasts a year.
You also have no breakdown cover in Europe so I had to buy this for my trip a bit crappy I think, private owners double check if your covered?.
Only two gripes stop start has a mind of its own when I forget to turn it off, car sometimes rolls in opposite direction to what gear your in D or R (it's a DSG) when hill hold comes off and throttle is touched. It only moves a little but as my front drive is on a slight gradient it seems that as hill hold comes off the gear is not quite engaged. Any thoughts as it's not all the time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have just got the driverline documents through (I'm personal contract hire) and it seems to suggest that European breakdown cover is included

·
Registered
953 Posts
Markavo said:
I have just got the driverline documents through (I'm personal contract hire) and it seems to suggest that European breakdown cover is included
You may have to pay for parts and recover the cost from VW on your return!

G

·
I purchased the DDPai M6 Plus dash cam as it has very good reviews and like you, thought it would be a perfect fit on the Tigs windscreen behind the rear view mirror.

However, when you offer it up, it won't fit on the right side of the mirror as it sticks out from the windscreen too far and stops the mirror being adjustable, and it doesn't fit on the left hand side of the mirror as it obscures the light sensor on the back of the mirror.

You could try to fit it lower down the windscreen but then it would get in the way of vision (wouldn't pass an MOT in that position) and also you wouldn't be able to hide the wiring making it look a bit tacky).

I ended up fitting it as a rear view dashcam with it fitted on the tailgate windscreen and plugged into the 12v socket in the boot (which I converted to 'all ways on').

It makes sense actually to use it as a rear view dashcam because of its excellent time-lapse parking mode. If you usually park nose inwards, the cam will record anyone bumping into you from the rear, particularly helpful in supermarket car parks!!!

I then purchased the excellent VIOFO A119 dash cam for use on the left hand side of the rear view mirror on the front windscreen. Because of its wedge design, you can mount it high up on the screen and the wiring cant be seen because it comes straight out of the cam into the roof lining. It also doesn't obstruct the light sensor on the back of the mirror.

A good web site for dash cam review is https://dashcamtalk.com/

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
rtigtony said:
I ended up fitting it as a rear view dashcam with it fitted on the tailgate windscreen and plugged into the 12v socket in the boot (which I converted to 'all ways on').

It makes sense actually to use it as a rear view dashcam because of its excellent time-lapse parking mode. If you usually park nose inwards, the cam will record anyone bumping into you from the rear, particularly helpful in supermarket car parks!!!
Sounds like very good idea. Could you let me know how did you convert the 12v socket to be always on?

Also are you not concerned about battery discharge with the camera constantly being on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
257 Posts
I fitted a DDPai M6 plus next to the rear view mirror. Window Building Wood Font Gas

If you want the 12V socket to be permanently live you have to move a fuse. I posted which fuse it is on the forum before.

DDPai now have a new front and rear carmea on sale now which looks good. It's called the X2 pro.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a DDPai M6+, and it stopped working in the warm weather. It overheats and just sits there in a loop spouting Chinese error messages. I also have an A119S, this is good but has no usable automatic parking mode.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Question to those of you who installed ddpai cameras with park guard, did you installed anything to protect your battery and check its voltage - like power magic pro?
Or are you not really concerned about the battery discharge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Cellink B.
On the Disco4 with a huge battery, a power magic Pro set to 12 hours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts