Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My understanding was that DCC was standard with BiTDI engine only (SEL or R-Line), but the VW website seems to say that DCC is standard on the R-Line.

If I go to VW Website, then New Tiguan, Models -> Specification & Comparison, then click "Full Details" for the R-Line, then "Exterior & Interior" it's saying DCC is standard.

Anyone know the truth?

Cheers

MBS

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Breezer said:
It says "Standard on 2.0 litre BiTDI 240 PS DSG and optional on SE, SE Navigation and SEL models", which is my understanding (not an option on non-240 R-Line as the R-Line has sports suspension).

And this is very different from VW's website, which currently is saying DCC is standard on R-Line. Guess it's just a mistake.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Are they updating the specs as I see a 'new trim' badge on the pictures on the website. Also see mention of a mobility set for the tyres - was that there before or is it instead of a spare?

·
Registered
342 Posts
From what I gather in the UK, DCC is not an option on R line models period. Due to the lowered suspension I guess.
As above it's an option on all others and standard on Bi Turbos (Not R Line)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Here's the options from the UK December 2016 brochure

2017-03-27 17_53_15-The Tiguan Price & Specification Guide - Dec 2016 - Tiguan-nf-p11d.pdf - Adobe A.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Breezer said:
Yup, and here's the image on VW's website that's confusing me:

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car Grille

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
MBS said:
Breezer said:
Yup, and here's the image on VW's website that's confusing me:

dcc.png
Ah! That is confusing.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Confused . com

Although until I see otherwise I'd go no DCC on R lines at all. I gather that's how it's been until now.

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
Just been through the UK configurator for all of the R Line models, and DCC is not an option on any model, however looking at the SEL it is coming up as an option.
Looks like it's correct when it say's it's not available with Sports Suspension.

Steve

·
Registered
328 Posts
If you expand the Sports Suspension 'more' link it specifically says that it's mutually exclusive with DCC. This is on the configurator for an SEL.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Chas said:
If you expand the Sports Suspension 'more' link it specifically says that it's mutually exclusive with DCC. This is on the configurator for an SEL.

Small observation, but that says "not in conjunction with DCC", not mutually exclusive with...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts