Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
For me personally.. i really like the lines on the new Tiguan and having the badges at the rear removed just makes it look fresh. Should also make it easier to clean lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
I opted for the badges to be removed but unfortunately they were kept on. I have however booked it in to have these removed next week free of charge so I'm hoping it looks fresh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
For me personally I ditto above RichyP comment, and also like to be different & secretive, and keep people guessing ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I opted for the 190ps. Took the badges off so to the eye there is no way to know its the uprated engine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
simply the design aesthetic. You never see concept cars with it on them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
I would says a debaged boot but just with an "R" badge would look quite nice (on an R-Line of course).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Looks great debadged - nice and clean. Why ruin the rear of any cars with lots of letters and numbers? My CC was debadged, and so is my Tiguan - the lines pop even more as a result (it also keeps people guessing).

I also previously debadged cars myself - quite easy to do with a hair dryer, something like fishing line, and some tar remover or sticky stuff remover.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
After seeing your picture giger I can't wait for mine to be completed now next week!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
So mine were removed yesterday and it looks so much nicer! I was surprised when the wife even complemented how good it looked without them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
I think I'm going to remove them on mine. Not sure how to go about it yet as they're pretty stuck on. Hairdryer seems to be commonly suggested.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Considering getting mine debadged. Anyone know why they don't but an R on the back of the R lines like they do the Golf. I think that would look cool instead of the 2.0.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Took about 30 seconds to get the letters off then a while longer to get the rubber off:



Tools used:

- Fish line
- Heat gun
- Tar/Insect Remover
- Plastic card (credit card, gym card, etc)
- Microfibre cloth

I used the heat gun on the 2.0 TSI / 4motion letters and not on the Tiguan and they weren't easier or harder to get off so you may not need it for that. The rubber which is left over is a little stubborn to get off so I did use the heat gun and Tar/Insect Remover on that to help. In the end I just used the edge of my plastic gym card and microfibre cloth to get the left over rubber off. Probably took 10 minutes on each side to get it all off - doesn't leave any scratches or anything.

Looks a lot better and will be a ton easier to clean! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Looks good, job well done Lordjik :D ...... That's why when I ordered I asked then for the D-Badge option. As I ended up doing exactly this on my previous Audi A3, no hassle but saved me the job ;)
I must admit for those with the R-Line range, I think it would look :cool: with it De-Badged but just have an R-Line badge on the back as someone on a previous post have mentioned and done :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
stumpy said:
Looks good, job well done Lordjik :D ...... That's why when I ordered I asked then for the D-Badge option. As I ended up doing exactly this on my previous Audi A3, no hassle but saved me the job ;)
I must admit for those with the R-Line range, I think it would look :cool: with it De-Badged but just have an R-Line badge on the back as someone on a previous post have mentioned and done :)
Who's done that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
The_millsy said:
stumpy said:
Looks good, job well done Lordjik :D ...... That's why when I ordered I asked then for the D-Badge option. As I ended up doing exactly this on my previous Audi A3, no hassle but saved me the job ;)
I must admit for those with the R-Line range, I think it would look :cool: with it De-Badged but just have an R-Line badge on the back as someone on a previous post have mentioned and done :)
Who's done that?
Adamsy.......his pic is under De-Badged R-Line in the Gallery, if that helps 'millsy'
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
stumpy said:
The_millsy said:
stumpy said:
Looks good, job well done Lordjik :D ...... That's why when I ordered I asked then for the D-Badge option. As I ended up doing exactly this on my previous Audi A3, no hassle but saved me the job ;)
I must admit for those with the R-Line range, I think it would look :cool: with it De-Badged but just have an R-Line badge on the back as someone on a previous post have mentioned and done :)
Who's done that?
Adamsy.......his pic is under De-Badged R-Line in the Gallery, if that helps 'millsy'
I think the badge was about 30 notes off VW mate. Never looked online so you might get it a lot cheaper, you can get the copy ones on eBay etc for a fiver but I don't know what the quality will be like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Lordjik said:
Took about 30 seconds to get the letters off then a while longer to get the rubber off:



Tools used:

- Fish line
- Heat gun
- Tar/Insect Remover
- Plastic card (credit card, gym card, etc)
- Microfibre cloth

I used the heat gun on the 2.0 TSI / 4motion letters and not on the Tiguan and they weren't easier or harder to get off so you may not need it for that. The rubber which is left over is a little stubborn to get off so I did use the heat gun and Tar/Insect Remover on that to help. In the end I just used the edge of my plastic gym card and microfibre cloth to get the left over rubber off. Probably took 10 minutes on each side to get it all off - doesn't leave any scratches or anything.

Looks a lot better and will be a ton easier to clean! :lol:
Looks class in that colour
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Did mine yesterday -easy and no need for a heat gun or a hairdryer...

- pour a mug of hot water over them
- get a bit of twine behind them and work across to peel the badges away
- peel of remaining sticky stuff - another mug of hot water at that point made it easier
- wipe over with a cloth and Mr Muscle from the kitchen
- polish

The whole thing took 10 mins per side and cost me £0 !!!!
 
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Top