Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give any feedback on what discount they've been able to get on a new and / or nearly new Tiguan. I have visited 2 local dealers to discuss purchasing a new SEL, auto, diesel, 190 with some extra options. Neither are prepared to look at any deals at all and keep trying to push finance. We don't want a finance package.

Thank you!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Get a quote from Drive the Deal, or Carwow etc, take it in to your dealer and ask them to match it.

Last time I looked the discounts were around £4-£5k.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tig9971 said:
Get a quote from Drive the Deal, or Carwow etc, take it in to your dealer and ask them to match it.

Thank you :) I've looked at Carwow and can get 13% off using finance, but I'll have a look at Drive the deal as well. Just not a fan of using finance.

One dealer did tell me to go away and look on carwow, but I just cannot understand why they won't come up with figures themselves!! Surely they know what the max discount they can give is?!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Tig9971 said:

When I was looking, the CarWow prices were only 2-3k lower than mrp.
I would have bitten off their hand for a 4-5k off- but it would have also meant a 12 week plus wait.
Luckily, I managed to find a 6 month old used car at 6k off the new full price.
If the dealers start offering huge discounts on new, then it is going to affect the second hand price- and we all lose out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Defoe use Car Wow, if you want to really win financially and can afford to buy in one go then take PCP finance which gives you an extra £1000 manufacturer contribution. A month or so later just call VW finance and pay the settlement, there is no cheaper way to buy a new car. Just check the T&C's to ensure it can be settled immediately but it isn't usually an issue. I got about £5.5k off of mine

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Better be quick!

Offers on Tiguan

Volkswagen Financial Services have put together a finance plan now available on Tiguan R-Line and SEL which has a deposit contribution of £1,000. This excludes Tiguan S, SE and SE Nav which has a £1,500 deposit contribution. Valid from 3nd (sic) April 2017 until 2nd July 2017.

Tiguan 5.1% APR representative

From £255 per month

£1,000 towards your deposit

Buy a new car with Solutions Personal Contract Plan from Volkswagen Financial Services and receive your first two consecutive services for £149*

·
Registered
58 Posts
niggly58 said:
Better be quick!

Offers on Tiguan

Volkswagen Financial Services have put together a finance plan now available on Tiguan R-Line and SEL which has a deposit contribution of £1,000. This excludes Tiguan S, SE and SE Nav which has a £1,500 deposit contribution. Valid from 3nd (sic) April 2017 until 2nd July 2017.

Tiguan 5.1% APR representative

From £255 per month

£1,000 towards your deposit

Buy a new car with Solutions Personal Contract Plan from Volkswagen Financial Services and receive your first two consecutive services for £149*
My dealer said they normally offer more of a contribution than the current one. It was £1250 on R-Line and SEL in Q1, they can't take the £1k away if the offer changes but if you have a pending order you can nudge your dealer to make sure he applies the best one, so one of the dealers told me when I was buying

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I agree with taking any discounts available with the finance. Unlike the old HP where once you signed up you had to pay all the interest, with the finance you only pay interest as long as you have it. The amount of interest you end up paying could well be less than the difference between the service offer and the full price of the service.

We did exactly this a few years back on my wife's UP! True the car was cheaper, but at that time the service was free with the finance and we paid less in interest in 3 months than if we'd paid for the service.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I sent a screenshot of the best online price I could find (DTD) to my local dealer who almost matched it but then also added an extra years warranty.

Ended up with a better deal than DTD (a lot better than the supposed 12% break even figure I've read about)

Remember if you don't ask, you wont get.

Downside is I'm looking at a potential 6 month wait for delivery but that's not the dealers fault.....

·
Registered
555 Posts
I got just over £4K off list and 2yrs free servicing when I bought mine. I didn't want finance but took the PCP finance with VW to get the dealer contribution. I got the discount by taking in quotes from Coast2coast and Carwow. They could not match Coast2coast but got within £300, which I was happy with.

In terms of the finance don't wait for a month to settle as you have 14 days to inform them you want to "withdraw" from the agreement. Once you have done this you have to pay within a 30 day period. Each day costs you £3.99 in interest charges. Notice the "withdraw" comment rather than "settlement". Settlement incurs additional charges so be sure to use the right terminology. I did this within 24 hours of picking up my car and it cost me £3.99. Very easy to do, they were pleasant to deal with and it was paid by bank transfer within minutes of the telephone call.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts