Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Newbie to the forums.

Ordered my Tiguan 1.4 SWB on 12/05. Was given an estimated delivery date of the start of August. After much problems with the VW order number tracking on the app, just got confirmed an "unconfirmed" build week of 41 meaning it could even be November before the car reaches the dealership. Pretty annoyed as if I'd have known before ordering I'd have probably not gone ahead with the order as I need it sooner.

Anyone have any thoughts about whether it's worth even complaining? I know the dealership has little control over the whole process but would VW give any goodwill or similar as a result of the big delay?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
38 Posts
Similar position to you. I ordered se nav . Atlantic blue,keyless entry 29/4/17.12wk est.delivery expecting to collect end of July?. Had unconfirmed build weeks 36/7/8/9 and now 40 as of yesterday. As a first time vw customer I'm not to impressed. The tsi engine has become more popular due to the diesel issue so I've been told?

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's the issue where the Daily Mail stir up a load of nonsense, causing the public to think that modern Euro 6 diesels will be penalised somehow (whereas it is in fact old smokey ones).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same. Ordered 26/4 with build week 26 originally quoted. Has been pushed further and further back to 35 now.

We experienced pained at the point of order that an end of July delivery was important to us and we're told "should" be fine. The dealership have said there is pretty much nothing they can do as supposedly they are making a loss on the sale (not sure that's true). This pushes our current old (300,000 mile) golf right up to its MOT, we asked if there was anything that could be done September onwards with a courtesy car etc but the answer was a firm no. Did consider cancelling and sounded like we might have had good enough reason to but in the end decided to find other solutions.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've had the same experience. The dealer quoted me a delivery time of 12 weeks which has turned into 22 weeks. The delivery time was a critical factor in the decision to buy; however, if I had cancelled the order when told that delivery would take 10 weeks longer than quoted, I would have cut off my nose to spite my face. I'm not sure whether the dealers are misleading the customers or VW are misleading the dealers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Appears that a few of us having the same problem- anyone tried to/think its worth trying to get something for the extra hassle?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in the same boat. We ordered 11th March with the promise from the dealer that the lead time was 12 weeks. Our current car under PCP (heavily impacted by diesel gate) goes back in early August - so took the view that 20 weeks had some comfort. Our latest build week is allegedly week 33 (14th August) so with 4 weeks transport factored in mid-September might be a likely delivery.
It is only because of the forum that I picked up on this issue a month ago. If you review another post (1.4TSI mpg) you'll see that others have managed to get something from the dealer - but only going through VW customer services (who were great) but at the same time annoyed that they were doing the job of the dealer - with whom we had the contract. We only contacted VW services as the dealer said that they could do nothing.
My impression is that the dealers have known about the delays all along.
Where we are at is that the dealer will be providing a loan car "via VW customer services" (don't believe this as it has to be from the dealer). This is only because we highlighted the need for the car in August with two salesmen - not one.
I suggest you check your order form as it has the estimated delivery date on it. If you are told that its going to be 42 days later than this you have recourse to cancel the order and get your deposit back.
Good luck everyone!
We will see our Tiguan one day.....

·
Registered
66 Posts
I thought that the 1.4 TSI was due to be replaced by the 1.5 modular engine that the VAG Group were due to fit in the new Golf?

·
Registered
9 Posts
For an order placed on 16th June the suggested build date is now given as week 38. As that's considerably before the date given to the OP the "possible/probable" date seems somewhat unlikely😖
As an aside my friend was told that an Ateca 1.4 ordered in June was unlikely to be seen this year!

·
Registered
5 Posts
We were told today that the 1.4 SE Nav that we ordered on 11/05 won't be with us until the middle to end of November. We were originally given a 16 weeks delivery time. I said this wasn't acceptable and the only option they gave us was to pay more for a 2.0l diesel if I wanted a car quicker.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi
I ordered the same car back in March and was given 12 weeks lead time. It soon became clear this was never going to happen. I'm now told it will be build week at the end of September so won't get the car realistically till end of October.
My PCP had to go back early June leaving me careless. However after a call to the VW dealership they arranged a courtesy car until my Tiguan arrives.
They delivered a brand new Q3 without charge and all insured. Great service under the circumstances can't recommend Gatwick VW enough.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All

Same situation for me. I ordered Tiguan SE 1.4 150 on 11th March and was told I could expect to collect it end of May as it was an existing demo car order for the dealership and just diverted to me. I went for this as wanted to end my current lease early but as of today (20th July) I'm still being told "it's with the factory" still so no progress since the day I ordered the build dates have moved forwards and backwards in the 125 days but nothing locked in and confirmed. I specifically wanted the petrol as don't do many miles, wanted a smoother/quieter ride and didn't like the additional hassle of adblue especially now emissions don't impact car tax.

I have considered other cars of similar but have decided to stick with the Tiguan as feels is good value compared to Seat Ateca (too plasticy), Audi Q2 (cost more, less space), CX5 (costs more) etc.

Whilst not ideal, especially with my lease ending in a few weeks the dealer (Lookers VW Newcastle) have provided assurance I'll not be without a car during the gap of my lease going back and my Tiguan being delivered and I won't be out of pocket from not being able to end my lease early.

On a recent discussion with the dealership they've also suggested IF it's looking to be a delivery date later in Aug that I actually wait until Sept to have the new plate...

Glad I found this thread as was wondering if people we experiencing similar issues, and would be interested if other people have had "incentives" to keep their order.

·
Registered
835 Posts
What sort of price were you coming up with with the CX5?
it comes to more or less the same price as the tiguan.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I had an initial look Negativepitch the CX-5 was coming in around £30-40 more per month than the deal I've got with the Tiguan SE 1.4 150PS (both zero deposit PCP over 48 months), plus I've got servicing and the tyre/wheel insurance add-ons with the Tiguan

·
Registered
835 Posts
googyflip said:
When I had an initial look Negativepitch the CX-5 was coming in around £30-40 more per month than the deal I've got with the Tiguan SE 1.4 150PS (both zero deposit PCP over 48 months), plus I've got servicing and the tyre/wheel insurance add-ons with the Tiguan
Ah ok ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also recently hooked up to the live chat and they confirmed it still had a unconfirmed build week of the end of September. So I asked if that meant it would be an 18 reg which he confirmed and I also asked if it would be the 18 model with whatever updates it came with and he also confirmed this.
VW gave me a brand new Q3 S Line Quattro Stronic, I'm thinking I might not want the Tiguan when it arrives.
Ordered in March a 1.4 TSI SE NAV in Tungsten Silver expected late October...........maybe !!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Cogstertiko said:
I also recently hooked up to the live chat and they confirmed it still had a unconfirmed build week of the end of September. So I asked if that meant it would be an 18 reg which he confirmed and I also asked if it would be the 18 model with whatever updates it came with and he also confirmed this.
VW gave me a brand new Q3 S Line Quattro Stronic, I'm thinking I might not want the Tiguan when it arrives.
Ordered in March a 1.4 TSI SE NAV in Tungsten Silver expected late October...........maybe !!
67 reg surely? 18 reg would mean you wouldn't pick it up until March 2018

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cogstertiko said:
We've ordered exactly the same car 11th March - albeit with a couple of extras. The build date is now 35, allegedly, which will result in a September delivery. It took a bit more than a phone call to the dealer to fix our courtesy car - prolonged conversations with VW customer services. Our Q3 under a PCP goes back next week so will pick up the 'car then' - but the dealer still reckons its with VW to sort not them!
The service from the VW dealer has seriously lacking - partly I suspect I asked them if they wanted to match a Car Wow offer. It's not like I put a gun to their head as I only needed to drive a further mile or so from my house. I'd hate to think what will happen if there is anything wrong with the car....

Enjoy the Q3 - we will miss ours but given its PCP end value was £3k more than I could buy a similar version elsewhere it was an easy decision.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Spoke to vw customer service today
Apparently the factory have been on a 3 week shut down. Due back Monday, not fully up to speed for a week after that. My dealer also said that they were aware of the recent tsi uptake and should be upping the output?

1 - 20 of 286 Posts