Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having used the Disvover Media satnav for a few monhs now I have a number of destinations in the destinations list which I wish to delete. I've been through the manual a few times but cannot find a procedure which will allow selective deletions from the list, or even the whole list. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
239 Posts
billc47 said:
Having used the Disvover Media satnav for a few monhs now I have a number of destinations in the destinations list which I wish to delete. I've been through the manual a few times but cannot find a procedure which will allow selective deletions from the list, or even the whole list. Am I missing something?
Billc47,

It is possible as I have deleted destinations before, from memory and not having my car to hand you delete destinations via the Manage Memory menu and there should be a selection for delete user data followed by Dest.Memory.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for the pointer, you are absolutely right. My destinations list is now empty ;)

·
Registered
627 Posts
billc47 said:
Many thanks for the pointer, you are absolutely right. My destinations list is now empty ;)
So is it a case of delete all, rather than selective deleting of ones you no longer need?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Bhuna said:
So is it a case of delete all, rather than selective deleting of ones you no longer need?
Surely there must be a way to individually delete destinations!?

I would assume that VW don't write the navigation software themselves but employ some other company that, in theory at least, knows what they're doing ?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Chas said:
Bhuna said:
Surely there must be a way to individually delete destinations!?

I would assume that VW don't write the navigation software themselves but employ some other company that, in theory at least, knows what they're doing ?
Yes you can delete them individual you can also rename them to appropriate names for the destination, same with routes. All this can also be done in the comfort of your home on CarNet.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have yet to activate CarNet so cannot comment on individual deletion of destinations but as far as I can see the satnav interface in the car only provides for the deletion of the entire destinations list (in contrast to my previous Audi equivalent which did allow selective deletion of the destination list) :oops:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts