Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm just wondering if people who ordered around October had gotten a build date yet? If so when? I ordered on 5th of October and my dealer sent me an email this morning saying there's still no build date on it, and I'm getting worried because of the new variant that's going around and the factories may very well close again.
Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered mid September and the dealer has looked and nothing is showing regarding a build date yet, so I would guess you won't find out anything for a while.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi, I'm just wondering if people who ordered around October had gotten a build date yet? If so when? I ordered on 5th of October and my dealer sent me an email this morning saying there's still no build date on it, and I'm getting worried because of the new variant that's going around and the factories may very well close again.
Thanks
I ordered 30th August 2021, until this week I had been given build week 9 (at status 10) but I have just be advised that this has slipped to build week 14 (still at status 10).

Status 10 means that you have been given an unconfirmed date.

At status 10 the build week can still change - needs to get to status 20 to go to a confirmed date and move to factory at which point the order cannot be changed.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reactions: Rab Forbes

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered 30th August 2021, until this week I had been given build week 9 (at status 10) but I have just be advised that this has slipped to build week 14 (still at status 10).

Status 10 means that you have been given an unconfirmed date.

At status 10 the build week can still change - needs to get to status 20 to go to a confirmed date and move to factory at which point the order cannot be changed.

Cheers,

Nigel
Oh that doesn't sound good at all, looks like this wait will be a really long one, mines doesn't even have an unconfirmed date yet. :/

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ordered start of September, initially given build week 51, latest update week 9 (March) with the proviso that it is not set in stone.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My order was placed August 19. All I am told is it’s ‘confirmed with the factory’ - no build date.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I phoned up about a tiguan r on 4th December now arrived at dealer collecting next week on the 23rd
Its dolphin grey with nappa leather pan roof and wireless phone charging also having side steps fitted and got a 3k discount
Phone call to delivery less than 3 weeks Result !!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Great result. Presume this is a stock order that the dealer placed some time ago?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My order was placed August 19. All I am told is it’s ‘confirmed with the factory’ - no build date.
That's very odd, seems like a some people who ordered after you got a provisional date at least. Did you ask them recently ?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ordered a 320 R in October been given build date of week 14 , can’t see it but we will see .
I wonder whether VW are giving out ‘dummy’ build weeks. I have no hard evidence of this other than what I read here and adding two and two together to make four but possibly five.

I have had a number of suggested delivery estimates ranging from December to March but then I got an actual week number - 9.

But I think I smelt a rat because I then saw several customers on here had also been given week 9 - what struck me as odd is that between us we had a range of trims and engines but all week 9, I’m no expert but I wouldn’t have thought that is how you would set up a production line.

The other thing that struck me as odd is that there was a flurry of people posting with week 9, but no one was posting with weeks 7, 8, 10, 11, they were all 9.

And then three weeks later I was told that it had slipped back to week 14 but now I am starting to see others posting on here also being given week 14 - once again with very different engines and trim to my order.

At the moment I am taking all build weeks that I am given with a very generous pinch of salt.

Another observation is that week 9 is the first working week in March and week 14 is the first working week in April. If my cynicism is justified and the pattern follows I expect to be told week 18 next time.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reactions: Fenderiaris

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do agree we can not tell what is correct and what vw wants us to believe ,when I ordered mine in October the dealer said they had one already on order with a tow bar , but will modify the order so then I will get it earlier, who knows what is truth and what is a lie .

·
Registered
226 Posts
I do agree we can not tell what is correct and what vw wants us to believe ,when I ordered mine in October the dealer said they had one already on order with a tow bar , but will modify the order so then I will get it earlier, who knows what is truth and what is a lie .
I don’t think it is necessarily malicious it is just a case of “these orders are not even in the build schedule, we don’t know when we will be able to build them, but customers are demanding a build week so just give them a dummy one to keep them happy”.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reactions: Aarmitstead

·
Registered
101 Posts
Put yourselves in the shoes of VW. The schedule is based on expected deliveries of parts and supplies but delivery dates and quantities are, at best, sporadic. In normal times they might schedule 3 or 4 months ahead reasonably accurately but in these times I would guess they are reluctant to estimate much more than weeks ahead?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well I've just had my first estimated build date of week 19/22 - Mid May. We'll see how many times that changes. So that's currently 31 weeks (that's approx 7 months) for build plus delivery so approx 8 months from order (and subject to change).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I've just had my first estimated build date of week 19/22 - Mid May. We'll see how many times that changes. So that's currently 31 weeks (that's approx 7 months) for build plus delivery so approx 8 months from order (and subject to change).
Oh I ordered 3 days after you,so I guess I would be late may to early June then. :/

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just be aware that the price protection may be removed for deliveries after June next year. I believe VW have this under consideration but hopefully it will only affect new orders.

·
Registered
223 Posts
To be honest, I'm partly considering just keeping the GTI anyway, but it's just something that I'd like to give a Tiguan a go before we all have to drive electric milk floats. However, if VW do play silly buggers and decide to remove the price promise and up my price, then it will e cancelled in the blink of an eye. I don't want it that much :cool:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts