Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm just wondering if people who ordered around October had gotten a build date yet? If so when? I ordered on 5th of October and my dealer sent me an email this morning saying there's still no build date on it, and I'm getting worried because of the new variant that's going around and the factories may very well close again.
Thanks
Hi, I ordered a Tiguan Elegance in Mid Oct..... My dealer has said he won't even look on the "system" until the new year..... there is a hint at March delivery but realistically I am expecting May if I am really lucky.. Good luck with your order...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi, I ordered a Tiguan Elegance in Mid Oct..... My dealer has said he won't even look on the "system" until the new year..... there is a hint at March delivery but realistically I am expecting May if I am really lucky.. Good luck with your order...
I ordered at the end of August. Build week is now an unconfirmed 14, to be honest I’m expecting it to slip further. But if it stays as 14 that will put my delivery in May.

So if all things are proportionately equal, a mid Oct order would be a mid July delivery.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
71 Posts
I ordered at the end of August. Build week is now an unconfirmed 14, to be honest I’m expecting it to slip further. But if it stays as 14 that will put my delivery in May.

So if all things are proportionately equal, a mid Oct order would be a mid July delivery.

Cheers,

Nigel
I’m still none the wiser on mine, stIll no confirmation of build week. Detail below.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
H
Hi, thanks for the reply that's exactly what my dealer said too. He's checking for me every few weeks and initially he said March build with May delivery the latest update he gave me which was probably a week ago which he said it'll at least be May till I see the car, but we'll see what he says after the new year, hopefully some good news.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Cheers,

Nigel
Thanks Nigel, much as I am now expecting..... now have to MOT and reshod my TROC.... Oh and Happy Christmas xxx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks Nigel, much as I am now expecting..... now have to MOT and reshod my TROC.... Oh and Happy Christmas xxx
Yes, my BMW has now had a major service, an MOT, two front tyres and four-wheel alignment - that is nearly £1000 that I wasn’t expecting to pay.

I still very much want the Tiguan, but with each announced delay, the threat of five years of luxury car tax with each price increase, that the value of my trade-in might decrease and the risk that VW may do something to renege on the agreed deal, it is becoming less attractive.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered in September, that's when I attended the dealer. Have received updates saying build Wk9. Till Christmas Eve that said Bld Wk 14. I indicated to the dear that previous emails had said 9. He came back and agreed that previously on the system my vehicle was showing 9 but now showing 14. Guess will have to wait a little longer. Unless COVID and CHIPS cause and issue.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I ordered in September, that's when I attended the dealer. Have received updates saying build Wk9. Till Christmas Eve that said Bld Wk 14. I indicated to the dear that previous emails had said 9. He came back and agreed that previously on the system my vehicle was showing 9 but now showing 14. Guess will have to wait a little longer. Unless COVID and CHIPS cause and issue.
I'm in exactly the same position. I know that I might sound very negative but personally I believe that I am being realistic - I have professional experience of how projects, production and supply works.

My opinion is that any build week that we are given at Status 10 is purely speculative. It will be ladened with assumptions such as

• Assuming the backlog can be cleared efficiently
  • Assuming the workforce is available
  • Assuming the parts are available

I'm afraid that I doubt that any of the assumptions are going to hold true so I am treating my Week 14 as optimistic at best - great if it holds true but I would not be in the least surprised to see it slip to the right a lot more.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm in exactly the same position. I know that I might sound very negative but personally I believe that I am being realistic - I professional experience of how projects, production and supply works.

My opinion is that any build week that we are given at Status 10 is purely speculative. It will be ladened with assumptions such as

• Assuming the backlog can be cleared efficiently
  • Assuming the workforce is available
  • Assuming the parts are available

I'm afraid that I doubt that any of the assumptions are going to hold true so I am treating my Week 14 as optimistic at best - great if it holds true but I would not be in the least surprised to see it slip to the right a lot more.

Cheers,

Nigel
Couldn’t agree more !

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ordered Sept and have had no confirmation of anything. All I get is emails on pcp deals they keep offering! Should I have heard something by now? When I last spoke with dealer a few weeks ago they said no news but don’t worry we haven’t forgotten about u 🙄

Reactions: Aarmitstead

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ordered Sept and have had no confirmation of anything. All I get is emails on pcp deals they keep offering! Should I have heard something by now? When I last spoke with dealer a few weeks ago they said no news but don’t worry we haven’t forgotten about u 🙄
I'm much the same, ordered in September, estimated February delivery then I contacted the dealer in December due to the price rise and he checked on the system and said he could give no definite update, but based on other orders, maybe April delivery now. I doubt that though. The times are just growing every month, nothings improving, covids rife everywhere, manufacturing is being hammered with staff and stuff shortages, it's just a waiting game. Hoping it's going to be worth it!

Reactions: Cruiser175

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm much the same, ordered in September, estimated February delivery then I contacted the dealer in December due to the price rise and he checked on the system and said he could give no definite update, but based on other orders, maybe April delivery now. I doubt that though. The times are just growing every month, nothings improving, covids rife everywhere, manufacturing is being hammered with staff and stuff shortages, it's just a waiting game. Hoping it's going to be worth it!
In my convo with dealer he said more likely to be around June!

Reactions: Aarmitstead

·
Registered
226 Posts
July, August, September, or longer. Just a waiting game.
I’m expecting it to get worse before it gets better based on the various news reports I have been seeing.

Mostly from Reuters but I have seen reports saying

VW concerned that Wolfsburg has no capability to build full EV cars, there are plans to develop Wolfsburg but these are behind schedule and this has the shareholders worried.

Talks of a possible 30,000 redundancies (25% of the workforce)

Reports that VW expect to make less cars in 2022 than they did in 2021 !!!!

Reports that Tiguan production is being de-prioritised to concentrate on electric vehicles

When I last spoke to my dealer (early December) I asked if they were starting to see cars coming through. He said, hardly any, a few Polos but nothing really. There are barely any planned deliveries in Dec, Jan and Feb, they start coming through in March but they are not confirmed builds.

I can’t imagine how the dealers will survive this - tough on VW too, but they have the size to survive and I expect the German government would step in if necessary.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
1 Posts
Couldn’t agree more !
Different factory but same engine; my dad finally got a shipped notice for a 2.0 TSI 190 Leon he ordered in June. There was no change of the status code for months and then it suddenly shipped. Wondering if anyone here has received the new 2.0 petrol? Reviews and feedback on that engine seem to be near non-existent.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Different factory but same engine; my dad finally got a shipped notice for a 2.0 TSI 190 Leon he ordered in June. There was no change of the status code for months and then it suddenly shipped. Wondering if anyone here has received the new 2.0 petrol? Reviews and feedback on that engine seem to be near non-existent.
Yes, collected mine in September (ordered in March). Happy so far. Engine is quiet and smooth under most conditions. Can be a bit gruff when cold and idling at junctions (whilst still too cold for auto engine shut off to function). No sign of the lag that has plagued other models (especially the 1.5 but also my previous 2.0 TDI Passat). Performance is adequate rather than exciting but fuel efficiency is poor. I was aware of the latter before ordering but I’m still surprised at how poor it is compared to our other car (a Mini Countryman Cooper S with a similar 190hp 2.0 petrol engine) which has recorded an overall average of 40.2 mpg over 3 years and 22000 miles. The Tiguan is averaging around 33mpg with similar use to the Mini. The Tiguan is heavier and has the additional 4WD hardware to lug around so to be expected I guess. Like I say, I knew this at time of ordering so can’t complain. Overall very pleased with it.

Reactions: Essjay and krobar

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've just watched a review of someone having received a brand new Tesla 3 and because of the 'chip' shortages and the need to get the cars to customers it came without a working 'phone charger or even the USB sockets in the central armrest caddy. He's hoping they will fit them at a later date!

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
Yes, collected mine in September (ordered in March). Happy so far. Engine is quiet and smooth under most conditions. Can be a bit gruff when cold and idling at junctions (whilst still too cold for auto engine shut off to function). No sign of the lag that has plagued other models (especially the 1.5 but also my previous 2.0 TDI Passat). Performance is adequate rather than exciting but fuel efficiency is poor. I was aware of the latter before ordering but I’m still surprised at how poor it is compared to our other car (a Mini Countryman Cooper S with a similar 190hp 2.0 petrol engine) which has recorded an overall average of 40.2 mpg over 3 years and 22000 miles. The Tiguan is averaging around 33mpg with similar use to the Mini. The Tiguan is heavier and has the additional 4WD hardware to lug around so to be expected I guess. Like I say, I knew this at time of ordering so can’t complain. Overall very pleased with it.
Very much my experience with mileage as well on my Tsi 2.0. Mostly local journeys but averaging around 30-34 usually with a bit more on longer journeys. I tend to drive quite conservatively, but I suspect if I was to put my foot down or use sport a bit more that would go down drastically.

Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Speedometer

Well after 9 months of waiting got my car on the 23rd of December, That Did not go smoothly , car was being delivered to my house a very nice man rang me night before to say , He has a lovely new car on the back of his truck see you in the Morning he said, 10am next morning got call to say he had broken down , He was a very nice man no problems car came at dinner time , well worth the wait lovely car 👍👍

21 - 40 of 42 Posts