Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

Hopefully I am due to pick up my new Tiguan next Saturday.
For those that have already gone through this process and to help both myself and those who will buy a new VW in the future I would like to build a constructive list of all the things to check and do before you drive away from the forecourt.

Perhaps this could then be added as a "sticky post" by Rob to the top section of the forum as a guide ?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I follow a simple process, it's a major purchase and you don't want to get carried away by the moment.

Most dealers will sit you down present the paperwork and then unveil the car if it's covered.

I although pleasantly will uncover the car, inspect all the body panels for defects and evidence of any remedial work, ensure everything lines up, check from a number of angles looking for any evidence of overspray or masking lines.

Same on the interior looking for any scratches or marks, if you have added to the spec ensure all the extras are present.

If at that point your happy move onto the paperwork and ensure all the figures are as agreed, still happy sign and drive away.

Not happy don't sign for it until it's been corrected, or for bodywork reject unless it's really minor and they fix it to your 100% satisfaction.

Then it's a case of driving it for a while making sure everything works and maybe getting the odd rattle and small issues fixed which with thousands of parts is likely to happen.

The big thing is body work as no one wants a repaired car from new and I've rejected two.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A non standard car - ie one where you have added extras takes about 12 or 13 weeks. One they have in stock less than a week but this may not be to the exact specification you want.....
As an example I ordered on the 16th July - going to pick up today so thats 90 days later

Seems like an age but well worth the wait apparently :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Stevej said:
For all those gone through a factory order, what was the wait time, I ordered Wednesday and dealer indicated early January, December if I am lucky.
Factory lead times vary and are ultimately dependant upon customer demand, component supply, logistics, plant shutdown (holidays) and seasonal weather.

If you factory ordered Wednesday I would be inclined to estimate a late January delivery at the earliest, however if your dealer group has a 'car' in the order system that is still elegible for spec change they will probably use that slot in which case you might get your car earlier.

My wife ordered 2 weeks ago and is scheduled to take delivery on 1st March 2017.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts