Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have driven the 150 diesel and it was OK but as I am also coming from an Audi 4 (190 allroad) it seemed a bit slow and under powered in comparison. I am sure it is fine if you aren't used to more power but I put my foot down and waited when I pulled in to traffic on dual carriageway. I originally went for the 180 petrol but changed my order to the 190 diesel when it came out because 180 petrol reviews have been less positive and say the diesel suits the Tiguan better plus the mpg and other costs (apart from price) are so much better. Mind you I do 12/15,000 miles pa. I wouldn't worry about dieselgate issues should all be fine on the new engines.
I was worried re DSG too as I have always had manuals. However Audi gave me a lone car with DSG when mine was being serviced and I liked it. Frankly by using paddles it was just as easy and responsive. My test drive was in a DSG 150 and I had no problems with gearbox.
So my advice if you are coming from an A4 is to stick with either the 180 petrol if you want to save on price and do a low mileage or stump up for the 190 diesel.
Unfortunately, as far as I know, there aren't any of either available for test drives as only the 150 had been delivered so far - if anyone knows differently let me know as I would like to try them together!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in the same boat and do the same mileage. I went for the petrol.

Dsg's have come a long way now and even so you got warranty.

Haven't read any bad reviews re petrol

·
Registered
169 Posts
Have gone for the petrol as only do a max of 6k miles a yr and don't worry about the dsg it's fantastic .
Have knee problems so it has to be an auto but after having a couple of dsg cars I would never go back to a manual even if I could .
You've got paddles anyway if you want to control the gear changes and the changes are instant,no delay .

·
Registered
169 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts