Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past 6 months I have read several posts relating to errors on the digital display (Virtual Cockpit), however none have made reference to the error I experienced whilst driving my wife's R-Line Tiguan today so I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same error?

On the way home whilst travelling on the M42 at 70mph my wife opened the glovebox which immediately resulted in a tailgate open audible and visual warning on the digital display. She closed the glovebox and the warning cleared, opened the glovebox and the warning returned. A few more miles into our journey and she opened the glovebox again but there was no warning or error, so it appears to be a random but nuisance error.

This is the second time in the past week that this issue has occurred so I will bring it to the attention of the dealer to see what he comes up with but in the meantime I would be interested if anyone else has experienced the same problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi GTD184

I had the same issue from the day I picked up the car.

Took the car into the dealers and after the technician stripped the boot area and found nothing over two days, it turned out to be the boot light. It was wired wrongly.

In the end it was a simple 5 min fix.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wsbtaylor thanks for your reply. Although the fault on my wife's car is from the glovebox It appears the fault is connected to courtesy lights. Annoyingly the fault cleared some miles on our journey so frustratingly it may be one of those defects that has to be proven before the dealer investigates.

What I find interesting and not sure whether there is any connection but your Tig spec is pretty much identical to my wife's!

·
Registered
485 Posts
These sound like Canbus errors. They should be recorded in the car's error log.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My issue was maybe more persistent than yours, though it did go 'sort it's self out' on occasions and I wasn't given any errors for periods of time.

At first I thought it was water ingress into the boot area as it seemed to be sometime weather dependant.

I was getting the same error if I opened one of the front doors (if I looked from outside the car the rear lights were also flickering). It really was a PITA.

When the technician eventually told me it was the boot light i couldn't understand the correlation between the glove box and the boot open warning as they are not linked, he explained the can interface that links everything up was basically 'short circuiting'.

He almost made it sound like the '+' and '-' of the boot light were wired up wrongly, hence a quick 5 min fix.

I know he spoke to VW Germany when he was getting no where after stripping the boot down and discovering nothing.

I never questioned it and 3 months later I've never had the warning again.

When speaking to your dealer I'm happy to supply dealer info and my reg so that maybe the techs can have a chat.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Breezer no errors were supposedly shown, or not enough to pinpoint the error.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wsbtaylor said:
My issue was maybe more persistent than yours, though it did go 'sort it's self out' on occasions and I wasn't given any errors for periods of time.

At first I thought it was water ingress into the boot area as it seemed to be sometime weather dependant.

I was getting the same error if I opened one of the front doors (if I looked from outside the car the rear lights were also flickering). It really was a PITA.

When the technician eventually told me it was the boot light i couldn't understand the correlation between the glove box and the boot open warning as they are not linked, he explained the can interface that links everything up was basically 'short circuiting'.

He almost made it sound like the '+' and '-' of the boot light were wired up wrongly, hence a quick 5 min fix.

I know he spoke to VW Germany when he was getting no where after stripping the boot down and discovering nothing.

I never questioned it and 3 months later I've never had the warning again.

When speaking to your dealer I'm happy to supply dealer info and my reg so that maybe the techs can have a chat.
Thanks for the info.

I am aware that the wife has a 1,000 mile free check at the selling dealer which will be probably in the next 6 weeks (she has only covered 450 miles since taking delivery :roll: ) so I will bear your kind offer in mind once she has made the booking arrangements ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts