Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would be interested to find out what discounts people have obtained, be it through brokers and the main dealers?

I have done a carwow search and it's come through with some nice discounts of around 11%, particularly finance deals with the extra £1k deposit.

I'd personally prefer to deal with the local dealer as I don't want the car delivered or to be collecting from afar as I had a major issue with a new Audi a few years back where I ended up rejecting the car (The issue was spotted on collection so it made the rejection a whole lot easier). I'll just use my research to present to the local dealer and negotiate and hope it's a good deal on the table.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Also have a look at Drive the deal and Carfile, you can get instant prices with options on their websites.

From what I have picked up is most brokers use Listers Nuneaton.

I have spoken to 2 dealers in my area and they have both said they would match the brokers price. The only thing you have to watch is if you have a car to trade in they may try to offer you a lower price so the initial discount might not be as good.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Agree with cmorts1. Carfile is giving 12% at present and I have always found them good. I dealt with the father and now its the son so they have been around a good while. Only problem is no trade in so I ended uo at local dealer at less discount.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'll check as soon as i get a chance but off to Ireland for the weekend later, i think i got about 13% (£4500) off mine which was a sort of price match to Carwow's best offer, this included that VW deposit contibution and is on PCP.

I say sort of as i didn't take the carwow offer in but had been offered a deal of 13% off from them, i then tweaked the config and applied 13% off the list price and told them that's what i wanted to pay. I did however have a piece of paper covered in numbers and percentages, and monthly payments so i looked prepared :) i think in the end i gave them a figure a couple of hundred pounds less than carwow as i added heated steering wheel but didn't adjust my price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies guys, much appreciated.

I'm trying hard to convince the wife that this is the car for us. We have an Audi Q5 currently and she wants the new one which comes in at over £43k and you still don't get everything that would come with the Tiguan R Line #eyewatering

It's a no brainer for me but she's a bit of a snob :shock:

·
Registered
59 Posts
That is a tricky one and the new Q5 looks nice IMHO but think you're right, i looked at the F-Pace, RR Sport and Evoque and just couldn't justify, was getting less for more money, next time start lower, Nissan or Seat then when you offer up the VW it'll seem like a better compromise ;)

·
Registered
257 Posts
New Q5 is nice but very expensive. I think the R Line Tiguan is better looking. Tiguan R Line has a lot more extras than the Q5 S line. Also see on the Audi configurator there is a charge for all paint colours :shock: and you have to pay for a spare wheel :shock: . No S line plus either on the configurator. Are they likely to bring the S line plus out later which will be even more expensive!

Then you have the price of Audi servicing to take into consideration. Service plans with Audi are expensive.

Get a R Line and spec it up, that's if you don't mind waiting a long time to get it. How long for a factory order Q5?

·
Registered
59 Posts
WOW, just did a functional comparison of a Q3 with all the features on my Tiguan, i would probably get more than i ordered and few things extra get thrown in but it came to 49,115.00 GBP :eek: compared with £36k on the Tiguan (£31.5k paid), thats quite some difference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got a 2013 Q5 S Line plus and it's a lovely car but even on this model there's not much you get compared to the R Line. The list on that in 2013 was 38k. To spec it to the same configuration, it ends up at £43k now. They're taking the piss really!

I don't mind waiting even for a factory Tiguan (will more than likely have to as I want a petrol), I think deliveries of the new Q5 are starting January and I imagine it would be at least a March delivery now given that there will be high demand even if it is overpriced!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Wills said:
Thanks for your replies guys, much appreciated.

I'm trying hard to convince the wife that this is the car for us. We have an Audi Q5 currently and she wants the new one which comes in at over £43k ...
When would the Q5 be delivered? If it's after next March then you'll get spanked by the new higher first registration and yearly road tax on vehicles over £40K.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have Tiguan SEL 190 4M DSG Indium Grey, park assist, keyless entry/tail, heated leather 3 position memory seats. Have had Q5 slines for over 7 years. Tig has Auto Cruise Control, Dynamic LEDs, active info display, pano sunroof, heated folding mirrors, all standard on SEL and RLine yet costs thousands less than Q5!. The only minus point is no four rings on bonnet!.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I got 13.5% discount via carwow (that's with VW's £1000 contribution). Also got the 13.5% on all options as well. I got the free 2 year servicing and a tank of fuel as well.. so very pleased. Worked out at just under £5k off price. Lucky for me the cheapest dealer was my local one (better than nuneaton vw who usually are the cheapest).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just tell her that the Q5 looks like a jelly mold and the Tiguan is the the choice of Kensington and Chelsea's finest.....that and with the 14k you will save you might stretch to a new handbag or a weeks holiday away somewhere warm ....

:lol:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Original price for my Highline (SEL) 150 bhp DSG diesel is £50.920. Got 5% off, about £2500, which is the absolute best since I knew the person at the local dealer. Also got 20% off all extras from factory. So at the end I paid around £52.000 with the extras in the signature.

This is in Iceland btw, just to give you a glimpse into the price difference between the UK and Iceland.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
TraustiB said:
Original price for my Highline (SEL) 150 bhp DSG diesel is £50.920. Got 5% off, about £2500, which is the absolute best since I knew the person at the local dealer. Also got 20% off all extras from factory. So at the end I paid around £52.000 with the extras in the signature.

This is in Iceland btw, just to give you a glimpse into the price difference between the UK and Iceland.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Wow .....do they fly them in :?: :?: ;) :) that is a big price difference.

·
Registered
52 Posts
stumpy said:
TraustiB said:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Wow .....do they fly them in :?: :?: ;) :) that is a big price difference.
Aye. I surely hope the car doesn't arrive via parachute to my front door :D It hurts the wallet but that's what you get for living on a small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean :lol:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well in the, netherlands the highline specced up is about 47,000€. - not sure how that works out in £s but still bloody expensive!!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
JonP said:
Well in the, netherlands the highline specced up is about 47,000€. - not sure how that works out in £s but still bloody expensive!!
Conversion from Euro € (EUR) To British pound £ (GBP)
47,000.00 EUR = 39,682.10 GBP :) :) :) There you are 'JonP'

1 - 20 of 43 Posts