Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have copied my music on to a SanDisk Ultra 64gb sdxc class 10 card. Ex-Fat, MP3, Album art all 400px by 400px. Music is organised in folders by Artist / Album / Tracks... so definitely within the 1000 folder limit.

Everything works and plays great however there are two problems that occur after I have switched the ignition off and left the car for a while...

1. Forgets last track played when I get back in the car and starts again with the first album / track on the SD card.

2. Or, I return to the car sometime later and the "Selection" button on the interface is grey out. If you swipe on the album art it will not change album. Basically it is locked to the music it was playing last. I can scroll forward, track by track but that's it.

Only solution is to eject the card and reinsert it. SD card is in Slot 2.

Anyone with the same issue or idea on how to solve?

Thanks

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
I must admit I've not come accross this particular problem, however there has been a fair bit of talk about the whole infotainment system either locking up or switching off on it's own.
A lot of people have managed to 'fix' it by holding the on/off button in for around 15 seconds or so which appears to 'restart' the system.
Could it be something as simple as this?
Might be worth a try!

Steve

·
Registered
485 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Breezer, I took your advice, must be something about the SD Card.

I copied everything to a USB Stick, all working good now... even remembers the last track played by my wife when she uses her keys, then automatically switches to the last tracked played by me when I use my keys, that's quite a neat feature.

·
Registered
953 Posts
My camera uses a SD card and after a load of photos the camera suddenly started saying the card was not formatted, so your problem could be card related, also try leaving your card unprotected with the little switch?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Glad to hear it Neuro. It was Niggly that suggested it to me, and mine still working too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am replying to obviously a fairly old link. However, the symptoms described by NeuroOrbit are exactly the problems that I am seeing with exactly the same SDCard on a Tiguan 2017 i.e. resetting to the first track after a switch off and coming on again with the "Selection" button greyed out for a prolonged period of time. Breezer mentioned buying a new SDCard, so I wonder if some specific design of card works better than others? Any suggestions would be appreciated, as when the system works it is great, but the resetting is driving me mad - I do not think that I can listen to 10CC "I'm not in Love" one more time!

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
Hi ericwright, and welcome. I use Sandisk Extreme SD cards for my music, and I've had no problems with it loading since I got the car over a year ago.
Have you tried the 'reset' trick I mentioned in my previous post? That can sometimes help.

Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Essjay, I will try your suggestion and see if that does anything. I will also check my SDCard, although I think that it was a Scandisk Extreme 64MB card sdxc. Do you know what formatting you used and it is simply MP3 files that you have on the card?

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
Hi ericwright, the card was formatted using the standard format on my Windows 10 laptop, and all my tracks are mp3's.

Steve

·
Registered
68 Posts
ericwright said:
I am replying to obviously a fairly old link. However, the symptoms described by NeuroOrbit are exactly the problems that I am seeing with exactly the same SDCard on a Tiguan 2017 i.e. resetting to the first track after a switch off and coming on again with the "Selection" button greyed out for a prolonged period of time. Breezer mentioned buying a new SDCard, so I wonder if some specific design of card works better than others? Any suggestions would be appreciated, as when the system works it is great, but the resetting is driving me mad - I do not think that I can listen to 10CC "I'm not in Love" one more time!
If all else fails, you might consider changing to a 32gb SD card. There has been a lot of comments over the past few years, that going above 32gb is risky regarding glitches in the performance for in car use. My 32gb works fine.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Essjay said:
Hi ericwright, the card was formatted using the standard format on my Windows 10 laptop, and all my tracks are mp3's.

Steve
NTFS

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I have used a Sandisk Ultra 64Gb flash drive with no problems. I think it is more an issue of brand incompatibility rather than capacity.
W10 will not format a 64Gb card using FAT32- which is what you need to do. I used a third party utility to format it- but I cannot remember what it was called (senior moment!).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts