Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 128gb usb stick with my 200 odd cd collection ripped to flac. Album covers are stored as 500x500 pixel images. When I put this into the usb port in the centre console of my Tiguan it reads the drive but doesn't seem to find all the albums. Has anyone else experienced this or know of any file limitation of the system?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Rumour has it 1000 songs on the basic audio system :(

·
Registered
158 Posts
Have you all your files in one folder or split up Artist/Album/Song ? I have 2500 songs (so far) on an SD card with files organised this way. Its the way I have them organised in iTunes on my Mac.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are in separate folders for each album, the folders containing the cover art and the album tracks. I would imagine there are well over 1000 individual songs in total.

·
Registered
627 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks bhuna.
That answers my question exactly.
Might be an idea to split the albums across an sd card and a usb drive so they have less than 1000 songs each. Maybe that would work.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can report that using a 64gb SD card in SD1 and a 128 gb usb stick in the centre console with less than 1000 tracks on each works fine. Obviously you have to select them independently via the media screen, but if they have less than the max allowed each it seems to work fine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
1000 files is only about 5Gb (assuming typical mp3) so no need for big cards then. I could not bother to downsample from FLAC, as 1000 FLACs are around 25Gb.

To be sure - if you put 2000 files spread around into different folders, the car cannot cope? A bit disappointing, to say the least.

·
Registered
555 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I now have a car with the Discover nav (not the pro) and it's a MY18. 5,500 songs on the 64Gb SD card so far, sees them all. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts