Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have read on the forum that others have put the in-car navigation map on the Active Info Display and then put Apple Maps on the car play, on the infotainment display.

However, when I try this, a message comes up on my Active Info Display removing the in car navigation map and says (cant remember exact wording but along lines of) "In car navigation is being provided by car play / other system".

I can then NOT get the active info display to show me the in car navigation map.

How do you get round this - please note I do not have Discover Pro just ordinary Discover.

Thanks,

·
Registered
63 Posts
You might have answered your own question, regarding not opting for the Discover Pro system. I've done so without issue, but have heard of others not being able to display both navigation screens simultaneously on the Discover Media system (VW's Navigation however). Maybe, they've baked that 'feature' for Apple CarPlay Maps too.. those with the latter system may have a workaround.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alpha - thanks. I did know that you couldn't put the Discover Nav map itself on both screens at the same time on the normal discovery but could on the Pro, but I had read somewhere (but cannot find it now) that someone on here (or even a couple of people) also used Apple Maps on the infotainment screen at same time as navigation on AID and wondered how they did it as I get that message.

Thanks for the input though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Andy, just tested this for you as I had the message you said and it works now, kind of.
You cannot start route guidance on your phone but can keep the phones maps displayed on the infotainment screen while using the cars nav to navigate on the AID. I don't think there is a way to display your phones route guidance on AID.

Sean

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Sean - I will give that a go - when I have a better internet signal, as tried it and just got the "grids" no maps LOL

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Bhuna,

I was doing this on mine this last week without any issues and I didn't really do anything special. I've by default got the car maps on the Active info display and then on the head unit, I select car play and then maps.

Unfortunately, I have encountered my first issue today, after getting the car to come home a warning light came on the dash with the message "Front Assist not available" :-( Cruise control doesn't work at all and none of the controls (volume, gear paddles etc) on the steering wheel are functioning / responding to presses (only the horn). Will email the dealer tonight and see if I can get it taken to my local dealer for investigation.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've just tried this and had no issues, Nav on active display and CarPlay nav on main screen

But why would you do this?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yetirider said:
I've just tried this and had no issues, Nav on active display and CarPlay nav on main screen

So passenger can see where we are heading too because they want to - as I like the Discover Nav map on the AID

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bhuna said:
yetirider said:

So passenger can see where we are heading too because they want to - as I like the Discover Nav map on the AID
Did you manage to get it working mate?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not had chance to play with it since. Literally getting in car driving a route I know to work and back and then that's it. Lol. Will try to play with it again at weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the standard discover system and I can display apple maps on the centre console with the sat nav between the dials.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok. Worked it out now and seems to work. I think what was happening was the Apple maps still had a route on it to navigate to and therefore the AID turned off the Discover Nav map and gave that message.

I reset my iPhone and all seems to be ok.

Cheers all for the replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Odd fault with my car but has anyone encountered issues with the Navigation system locating the car's position? My navigation system currently places me 5-10 miles away in a random field. Occasionally it then finds me and works for a little bit but mostly I'm positioned somewhere else.

On a side note - has anyone had problems with android auto when playing Spotify or Tune In radio? Mine seems to lose sound which means I need to unplug the phone and put it back in. Just annoying really when you're driving that you have to pull over to sort it out.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Why would you want to do this though? Surely if you have both maps running you have to set both with a destination individually and you get seperate set of instructions from both apple/google maps AND the VW system? And you might get conflicting routes/?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Giggzy65 said:
Odd fault with my car but has anyone encountered issues with the Navigation system locating the car's position? My navigation system currently places me 5-10 miles away in a random field. Occasionally it then finds me and works for a little bit but mostly I'm positioned somewhere else.

On a side note - has anyone had problems with android auto when playing Spotify or Tune In radio? Mine seems to lose sound which means I need to unplug the phone and put it back in. Just annoying really when you're driving that you have to pull over to sort it out.
Re your odd fault, had similar issues with my pevious Audi Q3. Turned out to be a failed sat nav antenna. It would work ok then place you miles from where you were. Ultimately it wouldn't track at all. I Bought a generic new one from eBay for £10 which fixed the problem. I put the replacement under the unused speaker cover on top of the dash, it worked perfectly. Was much cheaper resolution than trying to source an on roof antenna from Audi. However as you are still in warranty looks like a trip to the dealers to resolve.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dave9_3 said:
Giggzy65 said:

Re your odd fault, had similar issues with my pevious Audi Q3. Turned out to be a failed sat nav antenna. It would work ok then place you miles from where you were. Ultimately it wouldn't track at all. I Bought a generic new one from eBay for £10 which fixed the problem. I put the replacement under the unused speaker cover on top of the dash, it worked perfectly. Was much cheaper resolution than trying to source an on roof antenna from Audi. However as you are still in warranty looks like a trip to the dealers to resolve.
Hi, yes the sales dept at the dealer are aware, although they haven't been the most helpful - promising numerous calls back and not delivering. I ended up speaking direct with the servicing department and booking in with them myself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts