Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question - does anyone have any recommendations for a dog guard that can be fitted without having to screw holes into the shelves? I'd rather not drill into the lease car...

Also, does anyone have a dog guard and full boot liner fitted (one that covers the backs of the rear seats AND extends over the rear bumper) in combination?

I can find something suitable when I look online but would appreciate if anyone has already been there and done it so I can be sure it'll all fit ok.

This is only for a smallish dog but he's a hairy little sod and previous experience tells me the back of the rear seats get all marked over time. No way am I letting him in the seated area with half (fake) leather!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Have a word with Chas, he had the full doggy kit genuine vw inc film on rear bumper and what I saw it was very good quality

·
Registered
17 Posts
im in the same boat, need dog guard and matt probably rubber matt will suffice for my hound! will most likey buy vw official and forget about it then,
don't want after market badly fitting products

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've not got it for a dog, but I have just got the boot liner and bumper protector from Boot Buddy.

The liner fits quite nicely and I actually use the bumper protector to fold up over the load (tow out gear for a glider) to protect the rear door.

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies...this forum is great :).

Snailofsatan....can't tell from that picture if that one fits without any need to screw holes although it does look pretty much the same as the Guardsman one which Earl_H linked to.

Earl_H - what's that bracket at the top? Definitely no screwing required? Think I'll get one of those if that's the case.

PaulC - Looks ideal, might go for that as well. Definitely need one to cover the rear bumper. My last car got the bumper scratched to bits by my dog clambering in and out.

This is all for the girlfriends dog as well, hope she appreciates it! It's either that or restrict the doggie days out to the Toyota Aygo...

·
Registered
953 Posts
PaulC said:
I've not got it for a dog, but I have just got the boot liner and bumper protector from Boot Buddy.

The liner fits quite nicely and I actually use the bumper protector to fold up over the load (tow out gear for a glider) to protect the rear door.

What glider do you have Paul and where do yo fly, I have a ventus ct and fly at bidford

·
Registered
328 Posts
As Mike says I have the VW pet pack. Pleased with it thus far. The guard is well made and an ingenious fit without any need for screws or damage to interior. Takes a minute or two to remove or install and is nice and secure once in place. Two large dogs (Golden Retriever and a Black Lab) squeeze in.

The boot liner is a very solid dense foam rubber with a smooth surface. Not solid rubber like I was expecting. It isn't maybe a durable in the very long term but I do use a dog mat on top of it anyway. Used on its own I can see it getting torn/worn over time by both dog claws and heavy/angular load items in the load area. No issues with this so far but I've been careful.

The bumper film is practically invisible and reasonably thick which I like. It does mark but I do use a towel, that I keep in the noot for drying wet dogs, between the dog mat and floor and going over the bumper when loading and unloading.

Backs of the rear seats and wheel arch covering will probably be an issue over time. Currently hoovering them occasionally.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Miket said:
What glider do you have Paul and where do yo fly, I have a ventus ct and fly at bidford
Hi Mike, I have an LS7wl, and I fly at Dunstable. I landed at Bidford once, many years ago!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Matchbox said:
Hi EarlH - loks just the job! Does the parcel shelf still fit with guard in place?
Where's the dog going to put its head :| :| :lol:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi
The thing in the middle top is an L shaped fitting that stops the guard moving forwards, no marks or drilling - you can see a nob that allows it to be removed.

Yes the shelf fits with it in place, it also does not rattle (for me at least) so I tend to leave it in place.

Lastly at 45 kg if anyone wants to try to fit HER under a shelf can I video it? Her brother is significantly larger if you want a real challenge :)

Cheers Earl

P.S. there's a picture on one of my posts but I have no idea how to find it and post a link

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do the VW genuine dog guard and the Guardsman ones allow you to have the parcel shelf in place with the dog guard?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I can confirm that the VW one does.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yes, the Guardsman allows the shelf to fit with the guard in place.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts