Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dears,

I am looking for some info on the rubber band appearance for a Tiguan I want to buy.

The rubber band down at the door, insulating it, enveloping the car a bit.

In the two photos it looks really dirty but I am more concerned if this is mold and if you have met this before and what would be your advice.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Normal accumulation of road grime and salt which is thrown up by the wheels by look of it!

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
Yeah! It looks like normal road dirt. I would imagine a set of mud flaps would alleviate a lot of it, assuming it's not an R Line.

Steve

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Apparently...they are new design to stop dust & muck getting inside. I always after washing the car go round and do the insides of the doors, bonnet & boot to stop this accumulating. As GTD184 said just normal road grime/ salt due to conditions this time of the year.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You are in the wrong forum!

That's a Mrk1 Tiguan

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
I hadn't actually noticed that, however I don't really see that it being a Mk1 precludes us from giving a bit of advice, there are other Mk1 owners who frequent this forum as well.
We're all VW owners after all. ;)

Steve

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes I agree to a certain extent

The issue is that the door seals are completely different in both generations

Therefore problems and solutions are different

Mk1 users would be better posting to mk1 forums where existing owners might have the same experiences and solutions

Nothing wrong with being a member of both though

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Mk1 owner here, I get this especially going down muddy lanes, not a problem, just needs cleaning with the rest of the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, does anyone know what the part number is for this or where I could possibly find one for the front passengers side .

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
As stated this is a Mk1 Car and people on the Mk1 forum would have a better idea of part numbers ect so this thread has been closed.

I am sure the advice already given has been useful to the original poster. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.