Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously hacked off :evil:

Cleaning the car yesterday and noticed a tiny ding in the passenger door panel. It is tiny, but it is noticeable (especially once washed and polished). Have been very careful about where I park the Tig, but you can't always park away from other cars. No idea when this happened but I'm fuming.

Is this the sort of thing that can be repaired by this clever people who do dings and dents, or am I going to have to live with this?

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
Had a tree branch fall on mine. Fortunately on the windscreen with no damage however there was a tiny shallow dent in the bonnet. The local VW dealer had a guy who comes round doing dent removal. Cost me £40 and did a perfect job not visible now.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could be but I doubt it. Position suggests more likely a car door and I think there's a tiny bit of paint in it from whatever hit it :(

·
Registered
953 Posts
Lots of people doing pointless dent removal, but have a word with your garage they may be able to recommend the one they use!
Even seen some use heat and compressed air, some show how it's done on YouTube

·
Registered
66 Posts
Probably some idiot who cant hold a door when they open it. Saw it happen so many times and every time feel like walking up and giving them a slap for being stupid. The PDR guys tend to be very good with invisible results. Only problem is with small dents, they are so difficult to get perfect... ironically the bigger the dent the better result.

Sean

·
Registered
463 Posts
Just seen an advert for "Chips Away". Do dents as well. Your better saving 'em up and doing chips and dents all in one go as its cheaper.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers all. Will see if local dealer has any suggestions, but Chips Away another option. It's just so annoying and careless on someone's part. I know these things happen, but I've only had the car 8 weeks. And now I know it's there I'm looking at it the whole time.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I would add that I've used "Chips Away" and found the results (on earlier cars) to be good but they are a franchise, I understand so there may be a bit of variation.

One point the bigger and flatter the panel the more problems they have getting good results - could not see the dents in a bumper but the guy would not look at the bonnet as he could not deliver the "correct" result.

Cheers

Earl

·
Registered
417 Posts
Could it possibly be from a brake lever on bike (child?).

I cringe I you see 'large' people getting out on their car in car parks, by leaning on their own car door armrest, with their door touching adjacent car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.