Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am new to this forum and have a quick question.
I have a Tiguan which is 8 months old and just noticed the other day a crack/damage on the passenger door trim.
(see photo).

To be honest I don't know where this is coming from.

Either there is a general problem or (may be more likely) that this happened when I did "meet and greet" and dropped off my car.

Any views on this?

Thank you!
Plant Automotive tire Automotive lighting Grille Hood

·
Registered
426 Posts
Looks to me like something sharp (like tip of a screwdriver or a key for instance) has caught and been dragged down the door card. Good news is that this is probably repairable (if it falls to you to deal with). There are several videos on YouTube about repairs of this type to door cards - the ones I watched appeared to have damage worse than yours. Looks like it can be a DIY fix but there are professionals out there who do this as well. Given it is in a prominent place, a professional might be the way to fix it unless you are really confident.

Good luck.

Reactions: tmtj2

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hi all,
I am new to this forum and have a quick question.
I have a Tiguan which is 8 months old and just noticed the other day a crack/damage on the passenger door trim.
(see photo).

To be honest I don't know where this is coming from.

Either there is a general problem or (may be more likely) that this happened when I did "meet and greet" and dropped off my car.

Any views on this?

Thank you!
View attachment 9491 View attachment 9491 View attachment 9491
Someone with a sharp object in their hand has been very careless. As a driver am I more concerned when shutting a door but very often a passenger will slam the door shut without realising that something is on the seat which makes contact with the door panel.

Reactions: tmtj2 and John27

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks to me like something sharp (like tip of a screwdriver or a key for instance) has caught and been dragged down the door card. Good news is that this is probably repairable (if it falls to you to deal with). There are several videos on YouTube about repairs of this type to door cards - the ones I watched appeared to have damage worse than yours. Looks like it can be a DIY fix but there are professionals out there who do this as well. Given it is in a prominent place, a professional might be the way to fix it unless you are really confident.

Good luck.
Thank you for responding so quickly and also giving advice on YouTube.
Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone with a sharp object in their hand has been very careless. As a driver am I more concerned when shutting a door but very often a passenger will slam the door shut without realising that something is on the seat which makes contact with the door panel.
thank you for responding and giving your thoughts!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Should be very repairable giving the size have a look on YouTube and search on Google for any local company’s that might be able to help shouldn’t cost to much giving the size

·
Registered
Tiguan urano grey 2023 model year
8 Posts
Should be very repairable giving the size have a look on YouTube and search on Google for any local company’s that might be able to help shouldn’t cost to much giving the size
depending on where you live there is a company called trimline systems that do this sort of repair work and its neigh on invisible

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks everybody for helping.
I have now solved the problem.
Oh come on!! Don’t leave us hanging! Repair? New panel? Spare from a scraped car? Sold the car?

• Haha
Reactions: A1VWD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi
I sold the car.
When I handed it over they noticed it and charged 160£ replacement cost which I agreed to.
I didn’t want to try it myself and didn’t really know where to go in order for getting it repaired.
I initially thought it might have come through the heat or so but with the very helpful discussion here I realised that it must be a damage.
Well I didn’t do it…
At the dealer they said that a lot of people have bad experience with meet and greet.
I have done it three times but didn’t notice anything….
Anyway.
As said. Car is sold and thanks again for your help.
Regards

Thorsten

1 - 10 of 10 Posts