Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi new to this forum I'm jim from Scotland I have 2016 tiguan r line and want to fit door puddle lights I forgot to tell you I am 72 years young

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi James, I thought the R-line came with puddle lights already? Or is it a Mk1 r-line you have?

·
Registered
627 Posts
The puddle lights would be in the door mirrors - if yours does not have it (as its an earlier version) then it may be that it requires a door mirror change to have the capability to fit such lights ?? Best bet would be to ask the dealer if its possible, get the part numbers, then do a search to see if you can get it cheaper.

Alternatively, a bit of Duct tape and a remote control torch might work :D :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
james_townsley said:
hi new to this forum I'm jim from Scotland I have 2016 tiguan r line and want to fit door puddle lights I forgot to tell you I am 72 years young
Mk2's have dummy puddle lights fitted in the bottom edge of each door. The only functioning one is in the tailgate. I don't think the wiring is in situ in the doors, so it would need appropriate cabling plus the light units,and possibly coding to make it operational.

There are however,puddle lights fitted in the door mirrors.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine are in the bottom of the wing mirrors on my R-Line.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Any pics James of the door puddle lights and wiring :?: :?:

·
Registered
953 Posts
james_townsley said:
James in theory it's a easy job, one way would be tag your puddle lights onto the interior light, but the big but then is, is the central conveniance controller usually j519 going to pick up the extra power pulled and put up errors, i would say that the car would need setting up in the diags to avoid errors in the system, one of the bugbears of the modern car I'm affraid, And I think you'll find that even if you go to a VW garage the answer you'll get is (you can't do that)

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,581 Posts
James, I think you'll find that all R Line models have puddle lights in the door mirror housings.
It sound like you have one of those dealers who likes to sell, but knows bugger all about what it is he's actually selling. :x
It's a shame really as there seems to be a lot of those types of dealer about. ;)

Steve

·
Registered
627 Posts
When did you get your car JT?

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,581 Posts
Bhuna said:
I was thinking the same Bhuna. I reckon it's a mk1 ;)

Steve

·
Registered
627 Posts
He says its a 2016 model - but I think its early 2016 - ie March '16' plate - last of the Mk1's. Never saw spec of those so don't know if RLines would have had puddle lights then.

If its later and is a Mk2, then he needs to speak with who he got it from as it should have come with it I believe.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Essjay said:
Bhuna said:
I was thinking the same Bhuna. I reckon it's a mk1 ;)

Steve
Just had a PM from him - October 2015 - so it certainly sounds like a Mk1 - :D

Does anyone have the link to the Mk1 forum as I've never been to it as this is my first Tiggy order so only interested in the Mk2 comments here myself.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Cheers - have passed that on in my reply to him in PM.

·
Registered
953 Posts
James, the consensus here is you have a mk1 tiggy, and if this is the case you may get answers fast using a mk1 forum as most here have new cars and have not started playing with retrofits as yet, but as a bit of help taken from VWs wiring schematics, you need to take your live feed from door controller unit j386 (in the front doors) pin on T16A live posistive pin 10 negative to negative of the mirror indicator negative
If you PM me again with a email address I'll try and send a wiring schematic, but you may still need to use diagnostics to activate

Mike

·
Registered
31 Posts
:?: just out of interest are the puddle lights standard across the mk2 range

·
Registered
627 Posts
Not the S but on the SE and above in the UK.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts