Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its nearly a week since I got the car, my impression so far - Excellent
Done about 400miles, so still on first tank of fuel, and its showing consumption of 48mls/gal, but mostly around town so far. Its quiet, very quiet (comparing to golf), and handling is very "golf" like, its nimble and quick enough. Seats are very firm and comfortable and driving position is good. The rear view mirror is unusual, actually looks too small, good job the wing mirrors are big. All the controls around the gear stick look as though they have been designed for right hand drive.
The adblue range hasn't changed yet, it showed 5000miles from the start, and it still says 5000miles to go. Not yet filled it with all the grand daughter's things yet, so haven't dropped the back seats. Parking aids are good, although my wife doesn't like all the sounds, reversing camera is accurate.
No rattles squeaks of noises, and not tested in the rain yet. :cool:
My only gripe - the rubber floor mat for the drivers side doesn't fit correctly, my dealer will sort this.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got to 1500 miles now, quick update.
Adblue still showing 5000 miles, but after reading manual ! its meant to do that until it needs topped up at first warning.
Rubber floor mat sorted ok by dealer, and have also put the vw boot mat in as well. Car is quiet, but I do notice the diesel at slow speed, much better when cruising. Slight wind noise from mirrors but wheel noise is not intrusive. I have 150hp, so enough for me and quick enough to get out quick at junctions. Fuel consumption now showing 53mls/gal.
I had a tyre warning last week where the nearside rear reported to have lost pressure, but after checking, it was spot on, the sensor in this is reading low consistently.
Not sure yet of the park pilot/park assist, just seems too much of a faff around !!

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Thanks for the report Paperman, I can't wait to get mine now. With regard to the Park Assist, I've got it on my Mk7 Golf GT, and it can be useful sometimes, but also can be a bit of a faff as you say.
Where I do find it useful is when you've parked up and you get boxed in front and back by a couple of inconsiderate parkers. A lot of people don't realise that you can use the Park Assist to get OUT of a tight space as well. Now that IS useful.

Steve

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Essjay, I will keep trying the park assist, as I need to ensure my wife can use, the main reason why I wanted it. Never thought of getting out of a tight space, now that is handy, had a few of these in multi story car parks.
You will love the car, ride is firm, soaks up the bumps well, suspension quite hard when hitting potholes. Cabin has a quality feel and is a relaxing place to be. Boot space is huge when dropping the back seats, just got to watch what you lift over the bumper in case it gets scratched.
I should add to my report, my only gripe about the Tiguan is the flimsy fold away tables in the back, VW must have run out of ideas when designing these, but I don't think they will stand up to any weight applied, wait till my grand daughter has a go at them !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.