Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was told by the dealer who has a 2wd, that's it's not possible to change driver profile settings on any of the 2wd variants. Had driver profile setting on my last 2 cars and after the initial few weeks of playing with them they were just left in normal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
GazSEL is correct. No profile setting available on 2WD SE Nav.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,

I have driver profiles on my SE Nav but I added DCC which I think is what has given me driver profiles.

·
Registered
94 Posts
This is lacking on r Line 2wd too. Odd as comes standard on my wife's basic golf!

·
Registered
835 Posts
When I had my R Line 2WD I came across a setting for Sport or Normal, it is set to Normal by default.
Think it might have just had to do with the suspension though, I was only quickly scouting through things.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Pauld888 said:
This is lacking on r Line 2wd too. Odd as comes standard on my wife's basic golf!
I should also say that at least there is a normal or sport mode on the DSG.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So no Sport, Standard or Eco options on the 2wd SEL?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Howsedog said:
Badger said:
I have the 2wd 150Ps SEL and you can find it under 'car' - 'settings' - 'drivers assistance' and then driving programme, there's: Eco / Comfort / Sport / Normal. Hope this helps everyone.
Looked at this today and I think this is for the ACC settings rather than changing the profile of normal driving. So presume it is asking you how you want the car to drive when it is driving itself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I suspect that GazSEL is right.
I have been unable to engage 'coasting' in my 2017 Tiguan (150HP - 2.0TDI 2WD DSG. Took it to the garage who advise that it was built without 'ECO mode'. I have since been told that 2 other similar spec'd vehicles do not have 'ECO'. I seems that there is a manufacturing instruction in the 'PR' codes not to build these vehicles with 'ECO'. Checking further, the PR codes for 4WD vehicles have an instruction to include 'ECO' in their build.
I suspect that, although you may be able to 'tick' the driving programs in Driver's Assistance it may well not be doing anything save showing that you have ticked a box. This has now been with VW C.Care for 4 weeks and have yet to decide what is wrong. Fortunately I kept the original brochure which states that my 2WD SEL does come with coasting. Current documentation also states that coasting in a standard feature of 2WD SEL's.

Just as a point of interest some 2WD Golfs and Passats are supplied with a coasting function.

·
Registered
463 Posts
c_w said:
Does it increase throttle response (something lacking with the TDI I drove).
Does on mine. Eco makes you wonder if the throttle pedal is still connected. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Howsedog said:
Badger said:
I have the 2wd 150Ps SEL and you can find it under 'car' - 'settings' - 'drivers assistance' and then driving programme, there's: Eco / Comfort / Sport / Normal. Hope this helps everyone.
Great thanks Howsedog. Still waiting on delivery and looking like end of May before I will see it. But can't wait !!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Keiff said:
Does anyone have a 2wd SE, if so does it have a driver mode button to change between normal sport and Eco.
can confirm that can specifed
MODE BUTTON with 2wd drive.
this is for model 2018
it has throttle response and steering
comfort / normal / spor
cost is 220eur

·
Registered
527 Posts
On current uk brochure (with pictures of 18 my glossy sat navs in), all models have coasting mode & only 4wd have drive mode select. On the DCC models does the switching alter other settings or just the dampers? The price list states damper setting rather than drive mode.

Are people saying the sport mode on DSG also affects the steering as well as gearbox settings.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Tiguanal said:
On current uk brochure (with pictures of 18 my glossy sat navs in), all models have coasting mode & only 4wd have drive mode select. On the DCC models does the switching alter other settings or just the dampers? The price list states damper setting rather than drive mode.

Are people saying the sport mode on DSG also affects the steering as well as gearbox settings.
DCC on my SEL changes suspension and also drive mode. Obviously Eco mode uses the regular D1-D7 but also brings in eco when coasting, the revs drop but speed maintains.

In Sport mode the suspension stiffens up and drive changes to S1-S7. However, pulling the selector back you can re-engage regular D1-D7 if you wish. I use this quite a bit as, so long as the roads are decent I prefer the taught ride of Sport mode but don't always want the gears hanging on.

Normal is just... well normal.

Comfort is a bet wallowy if you're cornering but might be useful on straight but not that well surfaced roads. For UK motorways Normal or Eco are fine.

Haven't explored custom mode yet TBH.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Chas said:
Tiguanal said:

DCC on my SEL changes suspension and also drive mode. Obviously Eco mode uses the regular D1-D7 but also brings in eco when coasting, the revs drop but speed maintains.

In Sport mode the suspension stiffens up and drive changes to S1-S7. However, pulling the selector back you can re-engage regular D1-D7 if you wish. I use this quite a bit as, so long as the roads are decent I prefer the taught ride of Sport mode but don't always want the gears hanging on.

Normal is just... well normal.

Comfort is a bet wallowy if you're cornering but might be useful on straight but not that well surfaced roads. For UK motorways Normal or Eco are fine.

Haven't explored custom mode yet TBH.
Looks like the price list / brochure is a work of fiction then!!! God knows what car I will end up with then........

1 - 20 of 27 Posts