Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:geek: Hi all, collected my R Line today and love it! However, I can't find the driver profile button that changes it from normal to sport to eco, etc? Manual says it's on the dash but I can't find it.

Also, did other R Line owners get special R Line carpet matts as stated on the website? Mine are plain so have left a message with the dealer.

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yetirider said:
Driver Profile is page 184 of the manual.
Its in the middle of the 4Motion knob and should display the options on the screen
Hi there, I have the 2WD so no dial...manual says it's a push button lower dash but just can't see it for looking

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
GazSEL said:
You can't select driver profiles on 2wd models.
So if you don't get driver profiles on 2wd, and on 4wd models it's selected via the dial button, it begs the question just what is the 'mode' button that's shown in the manual for and which models actually have it?

Steve

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Essjay said:
GazSEL said:
You can't select driver profiles on 2wd models.
So if you don't get driver profiles on 2wd, and on 4wd models it's selected via the dial button, it begs the question just what is the 'mode' button that's shown in the manual for and which models actually have it?

Steve
I think there is more to this...within the ACC menu, I can select the driver profile when in ACC mode - all the profiles are selectable. I just can't select them in general driving. I can select the DSG response to normal or sport, but not the full driver profiles.

Dealer also says profiles only available in 4WD. My Audi 2WD had profiles for throttle response, steering etc so this does seem a little off on the Tiguan.

Dealer also confirmed the R Line does not have embossed matts as is stated on the website. Might live chat VW customer service at some point.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The acc profile is only for how quickly the throttle is applied during acc operation. Sport = Full throttle to get you back up to your set speed normal = 3/4 throttle eco half throttle. It was the same on my gtd, although that did have driver profile the acc profile had the same options as the tig. There is no mode button or dial on 2wd so can't comment on the operation of that. My last 2 vw have had driver profile setting and must say I personally hardly used them after the first few weeks, after the novelty factor had worn off :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GazSEL said:
The acc profile is only for how quickly the throttle is applied during acc operation. Sport = Full throttle to get you back up to your set speed normal = 3/4 throttle eco half throttle. It was the same on my gtd, although that did have driver profile the acc profile had the same options as the tig. There is no mode button or dial on 2wd so can't comment on the operation of that. My last 2 vw have had driver profile setting and must say I personally hardly used them after the first few weeks, after the novelty factor had worn off :)
Thank you, that's helpful. Must just be missing on the Tig. I agree that it's a novelty and I rarely used it on my Audi but I did like the stiffer steering, whereas the Tig feels softer. I will get used to it.

Don't want to sound like I'm unhappy - the car is amazing and I love it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts