Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still getting the hang of the new Tig but one thing which I don't seem to be able to do is to programme the mirrors per key.
So if my wife uses the Tig with her key, she might need to change the wing mirrors.
Is there a profile selection somewhere in the menu?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Yes there is leethal82......you do each key to the set profile 1,2, set it up for that individual then set & lock car. Also you can set your nearside door mirror to tilt down on reverse if you twist the button to the left hand setting. At the moment my wife is out in the car today so hopefully I'm right on what I remember

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Stumpy. Is there a way from the dash where you know if you are using key 1 or 2?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hi leethal82... when I first set the one key I had that as mine and put a new key fob on (vw leather)..... then when I set my wife's keys as there hers she has a different leather vw fob/strap. But say she opens the car with her key fob, you can see the change of movement in the seat (as she is taller than me) and in the dash as she gets in it greets her with her name and her profile is on the central screen. If this makes any sense.....

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't think this is available on the SE NAV, I think it's only available on SEL and above, I may be wrong though!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi leethal82,

From what I can remember when my profiles were set up, in the car settings area on the infotainment system there is a screen for profile settings. Here you can adjust settings for each profile such as language, driver assist, speed warning, traffic sign recognition for when a trailer is hooked up, coming/leaving home light settings, auto door lock, convenient settings etc, of which you can give them a personal name. Once you have done those settings you then need the person for the particular profile to set the seats, mirrors (reversing mirror position) as they wish them to be and then set them into the relevant profile position on the memory switches on the driver seat ie profile 2 set these settings to memory seat position 2. Make sure when doing this that the correct profile has been selected in the car setting if both keys are present in the car. The Tiguan selects the profile automatically from the proximity of the key nearest the drivers door when opening in case both key holders have their keys at the car. If a profile key opens the front passenger door before the profile key of the driver the car is clever enough to know to use the profile key of the driver due to proximity of the driver profile key to the driver door when opening it. Once set up the Tiguan will automatically remember certain settings when each profile uses the car eg my wife always has autohold on and I do not so when she uses the car after me the car will start her profile with autohold on. Another example the volume and radio station will revert back to her last settings if I changed them when I used the car. I use sport mode and the wife uses economy mode so the car will also switch those back and forth between profiles, just a few examples of what the system can do. I was lucky as I collected my car from Wolfsburg and the VW technician set this all up for both of us as part of the handover of the car. Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Raymondo111 said:
I don't think this is available on the SE NAV, I think it's only available on SEL and above, I may be wrong though!!
Hey mate, how do you know this? I think you are right but I can't find anything that confirms this!! I have no Personalisation option in my settings however.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts