Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is preferring which driving mode...just putting it out there..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
Using Eco Mode round town to to derust rear discs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
As i've got the 150 TDi, i just stick with eco. I was a bit sceptical but it really improves the mpg and suits the engine. Let's be honest, that engine is no firecracker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mrslow said:
As i've got the 150 TDi, i just stick with eco. I was a bit sceptical but it really improves the mpg and suits the engine. Let's be honest, that engine is no firecracker.
😂, I know what you mean, I'm finding the MPG really hit and miss, I'm generally driving in Normal mode, stop/start switched off (really can't stand that system). Been up and down the M1, M6 recently and can't say I'm hugely impressed with MPG.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
JRSTIGSEL said:
Mrslow said:
As i've got the 150 TDi, i just stick with eco. I was a bit sceptical but it really improves the mpg and suits the engine. Let's be honest, that engine is no firecracker.
😂, I know what you mean, I'm finding the MPG really hit and miss, I'm generally driving in Normal mode, stop/start switched off (really can't stand that system). Been up and down the M1, M6 recently and can't say I'm hugely impressed with MPG.
MPG is poor as long term average is 32mpg. It is getting better now i'm at 2k miles and using eco mode. last tank was 40mpg. My old M135 average was 25 and the 335d was 30 MPG. so 150 bhp less in the Tiguan and 2mpg difference :(

Still love the car. Cheap for 2 years, looks great, handles fine and loads of space.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
I don't have the 4wd version just the standard 2WD 150Tdi DSG version and have done 6k miles and getting an average of 47mpg (true mpg not DIS mpg) so I am sure your engine will loosen up soon and improve.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
JBS2472 said:
I don't have the 4wd version just the standard 2WD 150Tdi DSG version and have done 6k miles and getting an average of 47mpg (true mpg not DIS mpg) so I am sure your engine will loosen up soon and improve.
I'm slightly less than that with the 4 motion, although I've just got back from an airport run and averaged 49.5 MPG with 3 adults and a fully loaded car on the way there. Very happy with that. I've done around 10,000 mile and it's definatley improved since I got the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
JRSTIGSEL said:
Beagler said:
Using Eco Mode round town to to derust rear discs.
Really, I didn't know that Beagler, how's that work?
The Coasting and lack of engine braking till braking, makes you use the brakes more often
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I had a run over to Castleford today and averaged 32 MPG, just nice and steady in Normal mode...I've checked all the tyres today and one or two were 10 psi out!! Whoops. The Scorpian Verde's are nice quiet runners. Really impressed with wear etc. I've hit 4K on the clock today. So impressed with the Tig though, like has been mentioned it's so roomy and an excellent all rounder. She's so in need of a deep clean though now, I'm hoping they are going to ease off on the salt spreading now 😫

One last thing, can anybody give me a clue as how to set up the WLAN on the Discover Pro...Ive looked at the stuff on VW's website and it's not really helping. I'm using an iPhone 7 plus. I'm usually ok with tech but struggling with this one!

Gutted as well as I saw my old 64 plate Golf GTi Performance on the M62 today...😩
 

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
Joined
·
3,584 Posts
JRSTIGSEL said:
So I had a run over to Castleford today and averaged 32 MPG, just nice and steady in Normal mode...I've checked all the tyres today and one or two were 10 psi out!! Whoops. The Scorpian Verde's are nice quiet runners. Really impressed with wear etc. I've hit 4K on the clock today. So impressed with the Tig though, like has been mentioned it's so roomy and an excellent all rounder. She's so in need of a deep clean though now, I'm hoping they are going to ease off on the salt spreading now 😫

One last thing, can anybody give me a clue as how to set up the WLAN on the Discover Pro...Ive looked at the stuff on VW's website and it's not really helping. I'm using an iPhone 7 plus. I'm usually ok with tech but struggling with this one!

Gutted as well as I saw my old 64 plate Golf GTi Performance on the M62 today...😩
Wow! 32mpg for a 2.0 diesel!. That's only marginally better than my 2.0 petrol :eek: :eek:

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Essjay said:
JRSTIGSEL said:
So I had a run over to Castleford today and averaged 32 MPG, just nice and steady in Normal mode...I've checked all the tyres today and one or two were 10 psi out!! Whoops. The Scorpian Verde's are nice quiet runners. Really impressed with wear etc. I've hit 4K on the clock today. So impressed with the Tig though, like has been mentioned it's so roomy and an excellent all rounder. She's so in need of a deep clean though now, I'm hoping they are going to ease off on the salt spreading now 😫

One last thing, can anybody give me a clue as how to set up the WLAN on the Discover Pro...Ive looked at the stuff on VW's website and it's not really helping. I'm using an iPhone 7 plus. I'm usually ok with tech but struggling with this one!

Gutted as well as I saw my old 64 plate Golf GTi Performance on the M62 today...😩
Wow! 32mpg for a 2.0 diesel!. That's only marginally better than my 2.0 petrol :eek: :eek:

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JRSTIGSEL said:
Essjay said:
JRSTIGSEL said:
So I had a run over to Castleford today and averaged 32 MPG, just nice and steady in Normal mode...I've checked all the tyres today and one or two were 10 psi out!! Whoops. The Scorpian Verde's are nice quiet runners. Really impressed with wear etc. I've hit 4K on the clock today. So impressed with the Tig though, like has been mentioned it's so roomy and an excellent all rounder. She's so in need of a deep clean though now, I'm hoping they are going to ease off on the salt spreading now 😫

One last thing, can anybody give me a clue as how to set up the WLAN on the Discover Pro...Ive looked at the stuff on VW's website and it's not really helping. I'm using an iPhone 7 plus. I'm usually ok with tech but struggling with this one!

Gutted as well as I saw my old 64 plate Golf GTi Performance on the M62 today...😩
Wow! 32mpg for a 2.0 diesel!. That's only marginally better than my 2.0 petrol :eek: :eek:

Steve

Exactly Steve, that's not much better than my GTi was...I'm putting it down to the fact that it's still running in and I'm on a tank of cheap supermarket fuel!! Last week I was on my way to Cumbria on the M6 and got about 37MPG and again that was just going nice and steady with just me in the Tig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Having read all the previous posts, I'm now really worried about potentially poor fuel consumption with my awaited Tiguan.

I just want my car to arrive now. I'm sure once it arrives I will be happy with it and forget all the issues I'm so concerned with - mpg, insurance, diesel particle matter, VED.

I'm too much of a worrier everytime I change my car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
I am amazed by the divergence of mpg quoted. I am more than happy with my 190 TDI SEL which is far superior to my previous Audi A4 Allroad with similar output. I get 47/48 on long runs and 42 on shorter ones apart from in town/popping to shops.
On driving modes I have DCC and can't stand comfort mode (far too wallowy) so tend to use normal for both apart from on twisty county roads when I switch to sport for better handling and quicker response.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
JJ1 said:
Having read all the previous posts, I'm now really worried about potentially poor fuel consumption with my awaited Tiguan.

I just want my car to arrive now. I'm sure once it arrives I will be happy with it and forget all the issues I'm so concerned with - mpg, insurance, diesel particle matter, VED.

I'm too much of a worrier everytime I change my car.
Don't worry, as I said earlier I averaged just over 49mpg on a 30 mile round trip with my Mam and Dad in the car plus their luggage as they were going away. Yes, I was driving it cautiously but still, that's really good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not worried as already mentioned I think once the engine is run in it will increase considerably. That said, I think Eco mode is probably getting left on for now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Adamsy said:
JJ1 said:
Having read all the previous posts, I'm now really worried about potentially poor fuel consumption with my awaited Tiguan.

I just want my car to arrive now. I'm sure once it arrives I will be happy with it and forget all the issues I'm so concerned with - mpg, insurance, diesel particle matter, VED.

I'm too much of a worrier everytime I change my car.
Don't worry, as I said earlier I averaged just over 49mpg on a 30 mile round trip with my Mam and Dad in the car plus their luggage as they were going away. Yes, I was driving it cautiously but still, that's really good.
Just out of interest, what's the issues you have been facing with insurance? If it helps, I've been looking at a Vodafone Connect 6 tracking system which is claimed saves you 25% off your insurance premium with most insurance companies apparently...not sure what other people think. I've found it for £349 with the first years subscription included, £138 thereafter. Thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
The Mrs sorted it out when I was away mate, I'll ask her but I can remember her saying it was just shy of £90 extra per year to change it from a Mk1 Tiguan SE 140.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Adamsy said:
The Mrs sorted it out when I was away mate, I'll ask her but I can remember her saying it was just shy of £90 extra per year to change it from a Mk1 Tiguan SE 140.
I must admit I noticed mine creeped up from my GTI, probably about the same to be fair, have a look at the tracker I've mentioned above, it my help claw some back plus I think it gives peace of mind.
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Top