Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. T -5 days and counting!!!

Hoping to collect next Fri/Sat. Fingers crossed that the transport company and dealership can be super efficient and get my car delivered/PDI'd and valeted in time for a Friday handover.

I'm getting the Tiguan Comfortline (SE) model and was wondering about the DRL's on this model. Are they they LED strip along the top of the headlamp are are they just a side light within the headlamp cluster left on all the time. Not sure. Any help or images greatly appreciated.

I'm told my car is the first of the MY18 build Tigaun coming into the dealership so they didn't have a model to show me when I dropped in on Friday last for a chat.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Depends on where you are based? You say comfortline spec which isn't a UK spec. On comfortline spec in South Africa its not standard unless you take the upgraded full led lights.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cabby09 said:
Depends on where you are based? You say comfortline spec which isn't a UK spec. On comfortline spec in South Africa its not standard unless you take the upgraded full led lights.
Of course I should have said I am in Ireland. So, options are few and expensive for us over here.

Seems that only the R-Line with LED lights are the only models with an LED strip along the top of the cluster.

So, standard variants, are there DRL's at all? Of are they just side lights left on when the engine is running?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Cabledude said:
cabby09 said:
Of course I should have said I am in Ireland. So, options are few and expensive for us over here.

Seems that only the R-Line with LED lights are the only models with an LED strip along the top of the cluster.

So, standard variants, are there DRL's at all? Of are they just side lights left on when the engine is running?
I just had a quick look at your pricelist and options list. It seems the comfortline has standard halogen headlights and both the standard led and high spec led are options you would have had to add on. So you will get standard halogens with a "bulb" drl.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cabby09 said:
Cabledude said:
cabby09 said:

I just had a quick look at your pricelist and options list. It seems the comfortline has standard halogen headlights and both the standard led and high spec led are options you would have had to add on. So you will get standard halogens with a "bulb" drl.
Cheers.

The upgrade to 'standard' LEDs costs €1136. Going up to the advanced dynamic LEDs will set you back €1907. Extras over here cost us dearly......

·
Registered
446 Posts
I think the upgrade to LED lights in the UK is even more than that. Really silly in 2017 to be stuck with halogen lights with no cheap upgrade option! HID is really cheap to make, and even a boggo Citreon C1 has projector headlights!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
c_w said:
I think the upgrade to LED lights in the UK is even more than that. Really silly in 2017 to be stuck with halogen lights with no cheap upgrade option! HID is really cheap to make, and even a boggo Citreon C1 has projector headlights!
Yea, hard one to understand. The Hyundai and Kia competition at this level have LED DRL's as standard. Think it would make the front of the car look a hell of a lot more aggressive if they had the DRLs like the full blown LED option.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yea the halogen DRLs do let the car down (and silly since the higher mk1 tiguans had nice LEDs), seems a step backward to me, but I suppose it keeps the SEL and R-Lines appeal (as the car does look dramtically different with the LED and three-chrome bar front end, especially in R-Line spec).

·
Registered
60 Posts
comfort line = halogen

highline and R line = basic Led

highline ane R line EXTRA = LED DLA AND GRILL 3 CHROME COAST 850eur

·
Registered
446 Posts
I see, specs must be different in Ireland, for the UK spec the three bar grill is on all SEL and R-lines. I don't think I've ever seen an R-Line without it since the LED lights continue the top bars alloy strip.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Found an image! Is this with standard LED headlights? I don't think they are offered in the UK, pretty sure R-Line and SEL have adaptive as standard.

·
Registered
60 Posts
c_w said:
Found an image! Is this with standard LED headlights? I don't think they are offered in the UK, pretty sure R-Line and SEL have adaptive as standard.

yes, that are "basic led lights" they have "light assist" and 2chrome grill, no cornering lights, no Dla and DLR are two points

if I dident join this forum I woldnt know that you can get two tips of LED lights

1 - 13 of 13 Posts