Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tiguan 2.0 Diesel 2018 R Line, 43000mls. Error message: Gearbox in emergency mode, no reverse gear. Fault clears on power down and reboot, then after approx 30 mins of driving, same fault reappears. Car now recovered back to the dealer and awaiting update re repair.
Considering the problems I have had with this vehicle ( sunroof jammed open, wouldn’t close, LP turbo failure, etc etc) I am considering treating it to a gallon on E5 and a box of swan vesta’s!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Tiguan 2.0 Diesel 2018 R Line, 43000mls. Error message: Gearbox in emergency mode, no reverse gear. Fault clears on power down and reboot, then after approx 30 mins of driving, same fault reappears. Car now recovered back to the dealer and awaiting update re repair.
Considering the problems I have had with this vehicle ( sunroof jammed open, wouldn’t close, LP turbo failure, etc etc) I am considering treating it to a gallon on E5 and a box of swan vesta’s!
Use E10, better burn ;) :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
51 Posts
New mechatronic unit incoming 😏

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Ok, my Tiguans had its diagnosis….its the PCB in the Mechatronic unit, now waiting for a replacement PCB…..its gone “missing” on its way to the dealership.
Head bang wall!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
My old one had a new mechtronics box and had to wait 8weeks for it to arrive. Hope you have a loan car

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok, my Tiguans had its diagnosis….its the PCB in the Mechatronic unit, now waiting for a replacement PCB…..its gone “missing” on its way to the dealership.
Head bang wall!!
Do they actually replace the PCB only? I saw in the other tread this comes as a bundle with the unit itself.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Correct, the dealer only replaced the PCB board within the Mechatronic assembly. It takes around two hours start to finish. I now have my repaired Tiguan back and its changing gear as advertised………for now!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts