Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of putting together my spec sheet, DCC is one of the options selected, but, I don't have this with my Golf MK7 GTD and really want to know if it's worth it.

I've opted for a Tiguan SEL over the R Line, mainly because I'm after more comfort in the drive.

Should I be opting for DCC, or will the normal ride on the 19" rims provide a decent enough ride?

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Well coming from a golf myself, I didn't order DCC for the Tiguan, and I can still say the suspension on the Tiguan is far more comfortable than my golf GT ever was.

Steve

·
Registered
339 Posts
mr_jiminy said:
I'm in the process of putting together my spec sheet, DCC is one of the options selected, but, I don't have this with my Golf MK7 GTD and really want to know if it's worth it.

I've opted for a Tiguan SEL over the R Line, mainly because I'm after more comfort in the drive.

Should I be opting for DCC, or will the normal ride on the 19" rims provide a decent enough ride?
Forum member "salmonfisher" if my memory serves me well has a SEL 190ps which he specified with DCC and I believe he is most impressed. I have to say that I also have a Mk7 GTD on 19" Santiago's which is quite a harsh ride on the UK's far from perfect potholes roads.

I recently test drove a Tiguan R-Line and openly criticized the ride comfort on 20" wheels however, my wife has reluctantly chosen the R-Line over the SEL which is a trade off of visual looks over comfort. Surprisingly and unlike other worldwide markets the UK R-Line does not have the chosen option of DCC otherwise it would have been the top of our option list.

·
Registered
151 Posts
GTD184 is right. I have a SEL190 TDI with DCC. I do use it but only for better response and handling on twisty roads. Normal is fine for motorways and local journeys. I don't use comfort because I find it too soft and car wallows. I find normal more comfortable. My advice would be to go for it if you want the better response and handling on twisty roads but don't bother if you mainly drive in town or motorways. Normal is perfectly good for this and better than comfort.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
I wasn't going to get the HUD when I ordered initially, but I had a bit of a wrangle with my dealer over something else, and ended up with them paying for it. It's an expensive piece of kit, and I wasn't sure I would like using it, however it really is very useful and I use it all the time.
It's so much easier to see the info you need the most, right there in your eye line. I have the vehicle speed, speed limit sign, ACC details, and when I'm using it, the nav as well.
Wouldn't be without it now. :p

Steve

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just to set the cat amongst the pigeons... I came from a Scirocco TSi with DCC to the R line and the difference for me is minimal. In the last year of owning the Scirocco the DCC control module failed and VW wanted £600 for a replacement :cry: . The only difference I noticed during the fault was a slightly heavier steering and a flashing light in the centre console.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have SEL without DCC and its a perfect ride. I drove both in the dealers and couldn't really tell the difference but that's just me. I agree with Steve, get the HUD, its a must have now (although not as slick as a projected HUD).

Also, if you can stretch the budget, get Keyless start/entry and tailgate. And if you reallay want to splash out, rear camera with area view.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You won't need the dcc on a sel model as that's what I have and the ride is fine on the 19s with the 50 profile tyres .
Specced the dcc as I had it on the golf but find in comfort mode on the Tiguan the ride is quite fidgety and wallows about ,it's fine in normal setting .
If I'd known I wouldn't have paid for it but I couldn't find a sel model to test drive before I ordered , all there was about was r line .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts