Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out in the car late last night and used the DLA for the first time. Wow, it is really impressive, blanking out cars and relective road signs. I never got flashed once, so I assume it's not blinding anyone. It's a great piece of tech but it is also so easy to get kind of mesmerised by what it's doing rather than watching the road :lol:

·
Registered
627 Posts
LOL I know what you mean Hartside - I'm actually looking forward to driving to pick my wife up from Cardiff later as it means coming home in the dark LOL :D :D

Re the mesmerised rather than watching the road - you're ok though as I found I was looking for the cars on the road to see whether or not the light dimmed away from them so I think it helps you be more alert :D :D LOL

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pleased I'm not alone :lol: I was telling people at work today and I don't think they fully grasped what I was on about, everyone thought I meant the active lights found on other cars that just turn corners with you. I don't think they believed me :D

Enjoy the drive to Cardiff, Bhuna. I could be tempted for another midnight drive tonight myself!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
It's one of those features that once you have it you don't know how you managed without it. Roll on winter!

·
Registered
328 Posts
niggly58 said:
Roll on winter!
Whilst I agree it's a great feature, wishing the summer away that's only just arrived is a but steep. Though I suppose that from tomorrow onwards the nights are drawing in :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Finally got to use DLA last night on the motorway.

Thought it was broken at first or I had not set it up correctly. I was on the motorway so the glare from oncoming traffic from the opposite carriageway kept it inactive. Once the central barrier was higher and traffic from the opposite carriageway subsided, DLA was excellent. Quite interesting to watch it in action.

Key things to remember:
• Make sure that the DLA option is selected in the settings menu.
• DLA will not work in eco mode so ensure you have selected normal mode.
• Set lights to auto.
• Push the stalk for the high beam forward.
• You should see an icon appear in the dashboard to confirm it is active.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Wondering why there's not an option to have this on all the time. Much like cancelling the stop/start every time you cycle the ignition you have to select it again. Maybe as it's something that doesn't work in eco mode having it permanently engaged is akin to clubbing a baby seal...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts