Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Our Tiguan started to give the following 2 errors. Error: Dynamic Road Sign Display & Lane Assist currently unavailable. I have traced both to be related to the camera installed Infront of windscreen rear mirror. I did give a good wipe to this camera windscreen section plus all other camera sensors. The issue still persists. I booked a service visit this week to follow up on this. The annoying thing is that I cannot drive the car with ACC because of this error! I did disable road sign and lane assist related features of ACC from settings but ACC still was not functional!. Btw I cannot disable Lane Assist since it is not functional I cannot deselect it! Attaching relevant screenshots also showing software version of infotainment system. The suggested upgrade to 0278 was already done probably by service last year when I had another issue with auto gearbox?

Any help to get ACC working with out lane assist and road sign assist will be appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
540 Posts
How do you feel about switching to use the limiter temporarily? Not ideal but better than nothing.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Not sure, but last year, before our infotainment unit had its upgrade to 0278, something similar happened with our predictive cruise control and sign recognition - it was just reset to factory settings by the technician and hasn't happened since.

I believe there is also a further software update out there under TPI reference number 2065073/4 dated April 2022 to raise the software version up to 0306 - see attached - it is described as a "robustness package' for updating various potential faults/errors that people may not have even been aware of.

No harm in asking the service people if this particular TPI number can be checked to see if it is applicable to your car

Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Document

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
That's interesting. My car is brand new and the software is indeed 0306 but the Navigation database is only 21.2 and not 22.3.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure, but last year, before our infotainment unit had its upgrade to 0278, something similar happened with our predictive cruise control and sign recognition - it was just reset to factory settings by the technician and hasn't happened since.

I believe there is also a further software update out there under TPI reference number 2065073/4 dated April 2022 to raise the software version up to 0306 - see attached - it is described as a "robustness package' for updating various potential faults/errors that people may not have even been aware of.

No harm in asking the service people if this particular TPI number can be checked to see if it is applicable to your car

View attachment 9512

View attachment 9513

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking about factory settings but curious if it will downgrade the software as well? Will try to read about this and try this one. Thanks for sharing this

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sorry, I meant the technician did a reset of the affected systems using the diagnostic machine to put the ACC/camera back to factory settings.

·
Registered
165 Posts
That's interesting. My car is brand new and the software is indeed 0306 but the Navigation database is only 21.2 and not 22.3.
22.7 (2022 July) just downloaded to my Tiguan a day or two ago - VW seem to have got a steady rhythm going on monthly updates/releases

Gadget Automotive design Font Plant Display device

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
22.7 (2022 July) just downloaded to my Tiguan a day or two ago - VW seem to have got a steady rhythm going on monthly updates/releases

View attachment 9514
Don't know why my database is over a year old. Anyway, just been on to the VW website and started to download the latest version - looks like it's going to take nearly an hour!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Don't know why my database is over a year old. Anyway, just been on to the VW website and started to download the latest version - looks like it's going to take nearly an hour!
I don’t think you can as there’s no SD slot anymore!

It’s done by the integrated SIM card .

Also I’m on 0306 too

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I don’t think you can as there’s no SD slot anymore!

It’s done by the integrated SIM card .

Also I’m on 0306 too
According to the online instructions you download the region i.e. Europe and then unzip the file onto a USB-C stick which is what I have now done. Then you plug it in with ignition on and wait for it to update the navigation database.

What is your Navigation database showing?

Reactions: Sparkie1984

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
According to the online instructions you download the region i.e. Europe and then unzip the file onto a USB-C stick which is what I have now done. Then you plug it in with ignition on and wait for it to update the navigation database.

What is your Navigation database showing?
Oh interesting!

I’ll have a look tomorrow

Reactions: CUK

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Here are the full instructions, click Download the latest map, choose your model and select either Discover Media or Discover Pro - then download the region i.e. Europe.

And this is the manual on how to proceed: https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/manuals/Discover_Media_Gen.3_November_2020.pdf

Reactions: Sparkie1984 and CUK

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Having downloaded the map update onto a USB-C stick I thought I'd just check my Navigation database number before plugging it in and it has already updated itself. It now reads 22.6 instead of 21.3 as shown just a few days ago. So, does that means it happens automatically?

·
Registered
165 Posts
It should just download and update itself using the built in e-sim, as long as you have created a user profile in We Connect and have set the various privacy settings to their least restrictive (as far as I know)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Having downloaded the map update onto a USB-C stick I thought I'd just check my Navigation database number before plugging it in and it has already updated itself. It now reads 22.6 instead of 21.3 as shown just a few days ago. So, does that means it happens automatically?
I occasionally get a pop up message alerting me to an available update, and do I want to install it. I usually say yes (unless on a short journey) and let it do it’s thing. Annoyingly it stops updating whilst the vehicle is in motion and resumes whilst stopped in traffic etc.

Reactions: A1VWD

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I occasionally get a pop up message alerting me to an available update, and do I want to install it. I usually say yes (unless on a short journey) and let it do it’s thing. Annoyingly it stops updating whilst the vehicle is in motion and resumes whilst stopped in traffic etc.
One thing I've have just noticed is that when I put my finger on the small white bar at the top of the infotainment screen and pulled my finger downwards it revealed another (secret) menu screen and by clicking the second screen it told me there was an update available. I read through what it said but I think it was something about software improvement and anyway it only took about 10 seconds and none of the software info changed. There is another (secret) menu screen and you get that by holding down the Menu button for several seconds although I think that is for technicians.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i had the problem with the traffic sign display yesterday , driving down the motorway it thought it was a 30 mph zone all the way , so i couldnt use the adaptive criuse , jumped between 20-60 on the dispalay on an A road , i gave the windscreen a clean in front of the camera and also gave the badge a wipe at the front also , not sure if maybe it up dated its self some how or if the clean did the trick , was actually thinking dont tell me im going to have to take a 10 week car to the garage

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok so there must have been a problem in auto updating and because of that the garage had to keep the car overnight with the battery disconnected and next day the update was completed. I realised neither the software version nor the map version was updated; so the solution forcing an update of the same version by the technician. FYI the first thing I did was cleaning the windscreen Infront of the rear view mirror which hosts the road sign recognition and lane assist cameras. That wasn't my issue. As a side note when I took the car the technical contact in the service tried to force the software update which was popping contiguously on my screen I could never manage to get it complete. But that didn't solve the problem either. Just wanted to update you all. Thanks to all of you for helping.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts