Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would Welcome comments/advice from anyone who has this option.

First, how do you rate the quality of the system and the value for money?

Second, I would be grateful if someone who has this upgrade could either post some photos on this forum or pm some photos to me of the dashboard speaker and the subwoofer in the boot.

Finally, can you please clarify the situation with the type of spare wheel that is included.

Many thanks.

Eamon

·
Registered
16 Posts
Eamon - I do know that there isn't a spare wheel when Dynaudio is fitted. The boot mounted sub fits in the space under the floor, when I looked at 1 in the stealers showroom

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes there is a spare wheel on all variants except the 240 PS TDI as the battery is in the boot floor as well and it would not fit.
The spare wheel is a space saver wheel, and the sub fits in the wheel hub area.

·
Registered
953 Posts
My tigy tdi r has the dynaudio sound is very clear although the automatic volume control (the wife) won't let me have it on to laud, the centre speaker is just a grill and the boot sub is in the dish of the Spare wheel, I'll get some photos for you tomorrow

·
Registered
24 Posts
So I have Dynaudio on mine. I had a Leon before this with Seat Sound which is basically the same system. Sub mounted in the space saver in the boot as per the pics above. With the Leon, I had my phone set up via Bluetooth playing audi with PowerAmp (Android) which provides a huge array of audio controls. With the combination of the Seat Sound and the phones software enhancements the audio had deep bass and vivid mids and highs. The Seat Sound controls provided basic bass, mid and high adjustments with the option of a 10 fader EQ. For me, it worked and sound very good. So with the Tig and Dynaudio, I left all the settings as default and just connected the phone leaving that as configurred with the Leon. It didn't sound good at all, but it had to meet a high standard. The controls in the Dynaudio are rather lacking. No EQ basically, just sub, bass, mid and high. I now have the sub up to 8 or 9, bass down to maybe -2 or -3, mid at 5 and high at 7 or 8. I like the bass to come from the sub and the speakers to provide the mid and high hence the selections of values. Whilst I don't think it sounds as good as the Seat Sound, I wouldn't have been happy at all without a sub in the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All,

Just placed an order for a Tiguan R to include the Dynaudio Excite soundpack. I have just seen a you tube review of a Tiguan R with this sound system and it appears to suggest that it means it is impossible to have the steel space saver spare wheel which is a standard feature. Neither the online or dealer configurators flag this up. Anybody know the truth? Thanks

·
Registered
342 Posts
In the UK, all Tiguans have a spare wheel except those with the Bi-turbo engine which houses its battery in the wheel space.
Dynaudio sub woofers are fitted inside the spare wheel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
sbird1975 said:
In the UK, all Tiguans have a spare wheel except those with the Bi-turbo engine which houses its battery in the wheel space.
Dynaudio sub woofers are fitted inside the spare wheel.
Thanks for your reply - very relieved to hear it as we want the dynaudio and spacesaver big time. Thanks again. For info here is the youtube review that seems to state you cant have both - hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfhkZ_tqDVQ , [replaced tt with xx in case I break any rules] with the particular issue at 23 mins 07 secs of the video. I now realise that the car in this video is the 240bhp bi-turbo TDI which has the battery in the wheel space!

Anyway - thanks for your replies to a newbie.

·
Registered
68 Posts
On the R-Line there isn't a space saver wheel as the battery is located in the boot. The picture that is attached to the link is mines but I have the SE Nav.

·
Registered
342 Posts
There shouldn't be any need for the battery to be in the boot unless the bi turbo engine is present.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, I'm from Dublin, Ireland, if any one knows the difference, our Tiggy in Ireland has Dynaudio Confidence whilst you guys have Dynaudio Excite?

·
Registered
157 Posts
leethal82 said:
On the R-Line there isn't a space saver wheel as the battery is located in the boot. The picture that is attached to the link is mines but I have the SE Nav.
This statement is incorrect, only the bi-turbo diesel cannot have the spare wheel as the battery is in its place.

I've got an R-line 150 TDI and I've got both the Dynaudio sub and a spare wheel. The sub sits inside the wheel rim.

View attachment 1055

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
dsaunders70 said:
leethal82 said:
This statement is incorrect, only the bi-turbo diesel cannot have the spare wheel as the battery is in its place.

I've got an R-line 150 TDI and I've got both the Dynaudio sub and a spare wheel. The sub sits inside the wheel rim.

20170319_100341.jpg
Can confirm same here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, I'm from Dublin, Ireland, if any one knows the difference between the two sound systems, and which is better. our Tiggy in Ireland has Dynaudio Confidence whilst you guys have Dynaudio Excite?

·
Registered
446 Posts
It's likely the same setup by a different name, just like the model names are different in the UK but for same trim levels.

·
Registered
30 Posts
1 - 20 of 58 Posts