Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please shed some light on this optional extra. Does anyone have this option. Is it hardware or software based or both? If so is it any good. My car is built but im looking at getting this option retrofitted if it can be.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
In this video part of the way in, 18 minutes. in...,Thomas gives explanation of what the option is about As there are physical buttons don't know if you could retro fit.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the link. The feature im after is the online secuity alarm but it looks like i have to order this feature to enable the access to the alarm. Any got any ideas? Its the 3rd option in the brouchure screen print.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Viper88 said:
Hi, thanks for the link. The feature im after is the online secuity alarm but it looks like i have to order this feature to enable the access to the alarm. Any got any ideas? Its the 3rd option in the brouchure screen print.
Did you go for this? im thinking becouse my tig hasent gone into production yet

I did go for standard Alarm, but this is something like Sos call, on line Alarm

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PatG said:
Viper88 said:
Hi, thanks for the link. The feature im after is the online secuity alarm but it looks like i have to order this feature to enable the access to the alarm. Any got any ideas? Its the 3rd option in the brouchure screen print.h
Did you go for this? im thinking becouse my tig hasent gone into production yet

I did go for standard Alarm, but this is something like Sos call, on line Alarm
No sorry. My car had already been built. I still like the idea of the online alarm though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
as I understand, if some idiot trys to still the car you will get message throw e mail or mobile phone.

but if it drives away you cant fallow the car and see where it is. so it will only alert that something is going wrong. my problem is that if it happens for example during night, there is a big chance I wont hear my phone

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have this and I quite like it. I can see online lots of info about my car in the CarNet app or online - as the price list details :
Driver and vehicle integration via Car-Net Portal or Car-Net app for: Driving data, Doors and lights, Area alert, Speed alert, Horn and hazard lights, Parking position and Online anti-theft alarm.
Also hardware in the car to provide continuous interaction between the driver, vehicle and Volkswagen, via integrated SIM-card
connectivity. Driver and vehicle integration with Volkswagen call centre or server for: 'eCall' - Emergency call
service for SOS calls to emergency response incl. Automatic accident notification, Car breakdown, Vehicle
health report and Service schedule.

Notifications are provided if the alarm goes off or if a user defined speed limit is exceeded or if the vehicle travels outside a user defined area.

A bit geeky but fun

·
Registered
60 Posts
think that is very nice is you borow you car (area, speed)
Asked my dealer and he said that they havent sold any car with that, so he couldent explaind
also said that you have this for 3years, and after that must pay extra?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Fairly insignificant cost relative the the overall vehicle cost, not something I would be concerned about if I keep the vehicle that long

1 - 9 of 9 Posts