Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been asked before but, with the electric boot opening, does it give you any warning (or fail to open) if you are parked too close to an obstruction?
 

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
Joined
·
3,584 Posts
Pumpbhoy said:
Sorry if this has been asked before but, with the electric boot opening, does it give you any warning (or fail to open) if you are parked too close to an obstruction?
I don't think it does unfortunately, or at least not that I've encountered.
You can, however set the height that the boot lid will raise to, in order to avoid low garage roofs etc.
The manual also has this warning with regard to door and boot opening.

Steve
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mmmmm...that'll mess up my strict reverse parking policy somewhat. Will need to just take care! When the car finally arrives that is.
 

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
Joined
·
3,584 Posts
I'll have to check on mine, but I'm pretty sure if you stop reversing when the sensors have a constant beep, you'll be leaving enough space for the boot to open safely.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Pumpbhoy,

No there is no warning but if the boot sense an amount of resistances it will stop and return to the start position ie on opening will close on closing will return to open. If you have a reverse camera the red horizontal line indicates the distance you need from an object to open the boot fully (but does not take height in to consideration just the distance behind). Hope this makes sense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers. As long as the reversing camera and sensors keep you far enough away for it to fully open that's that main thing. Will still need to watch out in multi storey car parks with low roofs and pillars everywhere though!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
Essjay said:
Pumpbhoy said:
Sorry if this has been asked before but, with the electric boot opening, does it give you any warning (or fail to open) if you are parked too close to an obstruction?
I don't think it does unfortunately, or at least not that I've encountered.
You can, however set the height that the boot lid will raise to, in order to avoid low garage roofs etc.
The manual also has this warning with regard to door and boot opening.

Steve
How do you set the height of the opening? It would be great for my daughters to be able to reach the close button when they come out from school.
Saves me having to get out :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Negativepitch,

From what I can remember on opening you press the internal tailgate button once to stop it at the height you want you then press and hold the opening button until you hear a beep and then the height of opening is programmed in.
 

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
Joined
·
3,584 Posts
I believe it's possible to manually move the lid to the height you want as well, and then hold the boot button and wait for the beep.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
You wouldn't need to really Neagativepitch.....if the R-Line you are getting has the same function as the SEL you have a switch on the lower part of the drivers door. So you yourself can still sit in the car and operate the boot for them......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
stumpy said:
You wouldn't need to really Neagativepitch.....if the R-Line you are getting has the same function as the SEL you have a switch on the lower part of the drivers door. So you yourself can still sit in the car and operate the boot for them......
That only opens it though doesnt it?
 

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
Joined
·
3,584 Posts
Negativepitch said:
stumpy said:
You wouldn't need to really Neagativepitch.....if the R-Line you are getting has the same function as the SEL you have a switch on the lower part of the drivers door. So you yourself can still sit in the car and operate the boot for them......
That only opens it though doesnt it?
No, it can be used to close the boot as well :p

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
Essjay said:
Negativepitch said:
stumpy said:
You wouldn't need to really Neagativepitch.....if the R-Line you are getting has the same function as the SEL you have a switch on the lower part of the drivers door. So you yourself can still sit in the car and operate the boot for them......
That only opens it though doesnt it?
No, it can be used to close the boot as well :p

Steve
I never even tried that :lol: just the open bit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Negativepitch said:
Essjay said:
Negativepitch said:
That only opens it though doesnt it?
No, it can be used to close the boot as well :p

Steve
I never even tried that :lol: just the open bit
Hmmmm...Wally springs to mind :lol: :lol: only joking ;) ;) ;) :) Seriously though NegativePitch....when closing still pull the switch as if you were opening.....don't push down
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
stumpy said:
Negativepitch said:
Essjay said:
No, it can be used to close the boot as well :p

Steve
I never even tried that :lol: just the open bit
Hmmmm...Wally springs to mind :lol: :lol: only joking ;) ;) ;) :) Seriously though NegativePitch....when closing still pull the switch as if you were opening.....don't push down
:lol: ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
This is something why I didn't want a Škoda, for second generation round they have for "safety reasons" boot opening only... :roll:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top