Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the range of movements on the electric leather seat for the SEL please? Also, does it have memeory function - the price list says the R-Line gets 12 way plus memory and the SEL 12 way but no mention of memory, although I have seen what looks like memory seats on a video of a used car - am a little confused! Any clarification from someone who's got them would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
463 Posts
You can store memory positions for up to 3 people using buttons on outer edge of seat base.
Usual range backrest fwd back, up down seat base tilt and lumbar support in out up down.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beagler said:
You can store memory positions for up to 3 people using buttons on outer edge of seat base.
Usual range backrest fwd back, up down seat base tilt and lumbar support in out up down.
Thanks Beagler, that's what I was hoping.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Beagler said:
Can they also programmed to the individual keys as well (obviously only 2 of them)?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Yes Andy :) and also including profile for individual driver..... ie heating, radio, and door mirrors.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've been wondering why the Vienna leather seats get cheaper as you move up the range.

SE/SE Nav - £1785
SEL - £1505
R- Line £1500

I mean, they're the same seats regardless of the car.

VW seem to do the same with the cost of the engine and gearbox. I suppose this is how I ended up with an SEL. If I tried adding all the SEL bits to the SE Nav (plus options), I ended up with a car costing £2000 more than the SEL. Weird. But I suppose that's how they upsell to people like me.

·
Registered
463 Posts
slowingdown said:
I've been wondering why the Vienna leather seats get cheaper as you move up the range.

SE/SE Nav - £1785
SEL - £1505
R- Line £1500

I suppose VW do the same with the cost of the engine and gearbox. I suppose this is how I ended up with an SEL. If I tried adding all the SEL bits to the SE Nave (plus options), I ended up with a car costing £2000 more than the SEL. Weird. But I suppose that's how they upset to people like me.
Thats how I ended up withan SEL started off with SE but then started adding and came to the conclusion, might as well get the SEL

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beagler said:
slowingdown said:

SE/SE Nav - £1785
SEL - £1505
R- Line £1500

I suppose VW do the same with the cost of the engine and gearbox. I suppose this is how I ended up with an SEL. If I tried adding all the SEL bits to the SE Nave (plus options), I ended up with a car costing £2000 more than the SEL. Weird. But I suppose that's how they upset to people like me.
Thats how I ended up withan SEL started off with SE but then started adding and came to the conclusion, might as well get the SEL
I went through the same process speccing up an SE Nav and thinking I'd be better off going up a grade.

The SEL comes with the ergo seat as standard which is an option on lower models hence the lesser price to upgrade to leather from an SEL.

·
Registered
627 Posts
stumpy said:
Yes Andy :) and also including profile for individual driver..... ie heating, radio, and door mirrors.
Thanks. and Damn - I really wish I had gone for the leather seats with electric adjustment now LOL...

Also pleased it does the climate control to the keys as well - I like it cool, the wife like it warmer.

·
Registered
627 Posts
sistig said:
Beagler said:
slowingdown said:

SE/SE Nav - £1785
SEL - £1505
R- Line £1500

I went through the same process speccing up an SE Nav and thinking I'd be better off going up a grade.

The SEL comes with the ergo seat as standard which is an option on lower models hence the lesser price to upgrade to leather from an SEL.
I thought it was because they advertise the upgrade as coming with "Including heated windscreen washer jets" - whereas the SEL already has these.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Bhuna said:
sistig said:
Beagler said:

I thought it was because they advertise the upgrade as coming with "Including heated windscreen washer jets" - whereas the SEL already has these.
Just been through winter and I'd forgot about them. :roll:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Bhuna said:
stumpy said:
Thanks. and Damn - I really wish I had gone for the leather seats with electric adjustment now LOL...

Also pleased it does the climate control to the keys as well - I like it cool, the wife like it warmer.
Andy...I did change my order/spec to leather / electric seats after 6 weeks....If build has not commenced they will upgrade ;)

·
Registered
627 Posts
stumpy said:
Bhuna said:
stumpy said:

Andy...I did change my order/spec to leather / electric seats after 6 weeks....If build has not commenced they will upgrade ;)
I have build week confirmed now plus I don't think I got the funds now either (kind of chose to go automatic / SEL, rather than manual SE Nav with memory seats) :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Like others here the SEL became a no brainer on reflection as it included options I was paying extra for on the SE Nav. Those I hadn't considered due to being expensive effectively only cost a fraction of what they would have added to the lesser variant.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts