Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me?

I ordered an R Line about a month ago and just found out there seems to be some confusion over the controls on the drivers seat.
Does any body have a picture of the drivers seat with the lumbar support button with the standard cloth seat (not leather). The reason I ask is because I have since seen other R lines which have no buttons in that area but have a mechanical lever half way up the seat. Use the VW configurator and select the SE model and you will see what I mean. I challenged the dealer on the subject today and they called VW UK and they have confirmed the R Line configurator is correct. Is this VW misleading people again? any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Trry

·
Registered
133 Posts
The R Line doesn't have electric seats, the SEL has the electric lumbar with massage function as standard where as they describe the R Lines as premium seats with height adjustment and lumbar support.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JBS2472 said:
The R Line doesn't have electric seats, the SEL has the electric lumbar with massage function as standard where as they describe the R Lines as premium seats with height adjustment and lumbar support.
So they are misleading people as the R line configurator is clearly showing the electric lumbar with massage function

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not sure which picture you are referring to of the SEL. I drove a SEL demonstrator and this certainly had electric lumbar support and massage facility. So too did the R Line in the showroom but this may have had leather seats I can't remember. The pictures of both the SEL and R Line seats on configurator seem to show the electric button.
The price list specification says the SEL seats:
''Upholstery - 'Lounge' cloth with
Art Velours microfleece
- Front sport seats with 14-way adjustable
driver's ergoComfort seat including
cushion tilt adjustment, backrest and
thigh support, with electric adjustment
for lumbar support and massage function
(not R-Line)
- Heated front seats"

So the question is does "not R Line" refer just to the massage function or to the electric lumbar support as well. It certainly is not clear.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
salmonfisher said:
Not sure which picture you are referring to of the SEL. I drove a SEL demonstrator and this certainly had electric lumbar support and massage facility. So too did the R Line in the showroom but this may have had leather seats I can't remember. The pictures of both the SEL and R Line seats on configurator seem to show the electric button.
The price list specification says the SEL seats:
''Upholstery - 'Lounge' cloth with
Art Velours microfleece
- Front sport seats with 14-way adjustable
driver's ergoComfort seat including
cushion tilt adjustment, backrest and
thigh support, with electric adjustment
for lumbar support and massage function
(not R-Line)
- Heated front seats"

So the question is does "not R Line" refer just to the massage function or to the electric lumbar support as well. It certainly is not clear.
Select the SE not SEL model and you will see the manual lever on the side of the driver seat. This is what I have seen on the R Line models in the show rooms

·
Registered
182 Posts
The picture of the R line on configurator does show electric adjustment but the one I tried in the showroom with the standard cloth seats only had a manual lever. I only expect to get manual adjustment lever with mine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tig16 said:
The picture of the R line on configurator does show electric adjustment but the one I tried in the showroom with the standard cloth seats only had a manual lever. I only expect to get manual adjustment lever with mine.
This is such an omission to make though....

If you select the Keyless entry and stop/start option the keyhole disappears on the steering rake
If you select Dyaudio Excite pack you will see logo appear on the door speakers

Just a couple of examples of the small details they have changed yet the haven't bothered to change the most obvious things people will spot.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The R Line I sat in at the weekend did not have any electric functions on the seats where as the SEL did I believe the picture is misleading but it does not state on configurator or VW website that the R Line has the electric seats & massage function.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JBS2472 said:
The R Line I sat in at the weekend did not have any electric functions on the seats where as the SEL did I believe the picture is misleading but it does not state on configurator or VW website that the R Line has the electric seats & massage function.

So the next question is in the photo above which has which the memory function will the round button give me electric Lumbar?
I know this is only available if you select the leather option.

·
Registered
17 Posts
telcom said:
JBS2472 said:

So the next question is in the photo above which has which the memory function will the round button give me electric Lumbar?
I know this is only available if you select the leather option.
Yes that's right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.