Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per odd bits of posting recently I've been having no joy with the foot swipe on my tiggy, and yesterday was the last straw, hands full I had to put the lot down in the car park to open the dam thing, it's almost like a tormentor nothing in your hands it works hands full no work, so of I went to the garage and managed to get the senior tech, now most the sales staff were outside as it was a nice day taking photos of trade in cars and interestingly he asked all of them and me to give the car a foot swipe to open the hatch and one by one we all failed, then he turned round to us all and said we are using the ford way to open the hatch and not VWs way, we all used a side to side foot swipe and VWs way is kick forwards and step back, now all that remains is try it with my hands full :roll: dancing Lesson over.

·
Registered
485 Posts
You put your right foot in... :)

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
I think most of the threads where this has been mentioned before all favour the 'straight in and out' method of foot swipe.
I use this method, and can't remember the last time it failed. ;)

Steve

·
Registered
433 Posts
You must step well back once you have done the foot action bit or it won't open. I needs to be a good step as I have found and now have no issue, also you need to have the keys with you which I discovered whilst having a Victor Meldrew moment when it wouldn't open :oops: :roll:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I agree, never had an issue with straight in and out.

Actually a bit like the 'Hockey Cokey' without the turning round part :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
I had a frustrating time trying to show it off to a couple of my friends, and failed miserably.

Who'd have thought it wouldn't work if the ignition was on? Doh!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just stand there kicking in and out until I see the indicators flash and then take a step back

·
Registered
485 Posts
steve_t said:
I just stand there kicking in and out until I see the indicators flash and then take a step back
Can you get someone to make a video of that and post it? Just for educational purposes you understand ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi guys...I had the same issue and finally found out that You MUST have the key with you...and NOT in the car. Try it and you will never fail
Mine works perfectly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts