Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone....not a moan, as I love my Tig.......... but one thing I have noticed and have even gone back to my dealership to check, my leather electric memory seat function does not raise the seat as high as the manual adjust. I have tried all ways to get it to elevate it to a higher position as on the manual passenger seat with no success. Has anyone else noticed this :?: Some would say I am vertically challenged (well all my children & grandchildren say this as they are taller than me, I am 5' 5'') ....but I have never had this problem in previous Land Rover models or other vehicles.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Here you are Stumpy.........for those "vertically challenged" VW drivers...........they might give you the few extra inches elevation you desire! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:lol: :lol: haha.....Now why was I expecting this from Bigal & GTD184.......haha love it. Do they do it in a darker shade of pink ;) :oops: :roll: :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
stumpy said:
Do they do it in a darker shade of pink ;) :oops: :roll: :D
Anything for you Stumpy! ;) :lol: :lol: .................Nice vertigo and vomit inducing "pink" seat covers for all seasons.....take your pick! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The "designer" badge type!

Grandads "Taxi" type for your grandaughters!

The "Pretty" ones for all those summer family weddings you are invited to!

I know it gets rather cold up North in the winter so I have saved the best ones until last because they come with a matching steering wheel and gear stick warmer to keep your little hands warm :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: .........................

Sorry mate I couldn't resist :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
My eyes! :shock: ..........that's a set of images it'll take a long time to forget :lol:

I would imagine with covers like that it would pay to be as short as possible..........to avoid recognition :lol:

Steve

·
Registered
610 Posts
:lol: you could use the handbrake warmer for something else as well stumpy ? :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
FTT said:
:lol: you could use the handbrake warmer for something else as well stumpy ? :D
Well he did boast that he had "3 stumps" no too long ago so maybe he could use the hand brake warmer for his "3rd stump" :oops: :lol: :D :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh dear.......I should of kept quiet :lol: I've just picked up my eldest grandaughter from college and shown her the comments...she is crying with laughter here, that's made her day :roll: :lol: Thanks Lads :D 'Perhaps' someone might come up with a suitable idea from my original post :lol: anyone :idea: :arrow: ps....love the banter though guys :p

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:lol: :lol: That might do FTT, are you bringing it round :?: :?: :?: ;)

·
Registered
339 Posts
stumpy said:
Oh dear.......I should of kept quiet :lol: I've just picked up my eldest grandaughter from college and shown her the comments...she is crying with laughter here, that's made her day :roll: :lol: Thanks Lads :D 'Perhaps' someone might come up with a suitable idea from my original post :lol: anyone :idea: :arrow: ps....love the banter though guys :p
;) :D :lol: ........on a serious note and going back to the original and relative question you asked.

There are quite a few considerations that are given priority status when designing automotive seats in particular the safety aspect which above everything else is of utmost consideration.

The only reason I can think possible for the electric seat having a shorter height limit is the fact that the gear parameters, component packaging and physical size of the electric motors of the drivers seat when combined realise a finite engineered specification which limits adjustment. The manually adjustable passenger seat has no electric motor only a mechanical geared assembly which has an incomparable limit of adjustment when compared with the electric seat gearing.

On the Tiguan 2 you will notice that if you specify electric leather seats you lose the drivers side under seat storage because of the underseat packaging of the electric motors.

Hope this helps :?: ;)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GTD184...Thanks mate, yes that does make sense :) :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Savvas said:
GREAT SENSE OF HUMOUR FROM ALL OF YOU :D
.....STILL LAUGHING HERE
:lol: :lol: haha and my grandaughter

·
Registered
10 Posts
WARNING
Failure of an electric adjuster to match the manual is confirmed by VW Customer Services. I asked what the difference is and they said that they don't know and I should ask the sales people. But they don't have an electric and manual side by side to compare so I insisted that VW measure the difference...critical for my wife who is 4'11" and can't see the road markings from our Bemo on max height . So their technical people are going to investigate and come back .

This matter should of course be mentioned in the configurator , and with the chaos on the heated windscreen and of course the big scandal, my confidence in buying from VW for the first time in my life is not enhanced!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Will be interesting to see what the difference in height 'gdcox'....when they get back to you

1 - 19 of 19 Posts