Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have the electric tail gate and keyless entry . I don't understand why there are 2 buttons on tailgate one of which has a light on it they seem to do same thing . Can anyone explain to my thick head lol

·
Registered
257 Posts
I haven't read the manual but from my experience one button immediately closes the tailgate and the other is the opposite of the foot swipe to open the tailgate function.
I.e. You press the button and walk away and the boot closes. It's useful when unloading something from the boot which requires the use of two hands. You press the button first , pick up the item in the boot and walk away. The boot will close.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi RDUK

The second button is next to the close button on the bot lid.

Do you have keyless functionality as I believe the second button is linked to that option?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have keyless and electric boot but mine is only a single button (I also have the foot open but very hit and miss!)

Checking the online manual seems there are 2 variations for some reason, sounds quite a nice feature. Mine is an early model (July 16) so Mabye VW changed it?

For info from the manual in below pic, I have the first scenario, it doesn't really say the difference or why some may have different options!

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
When you press the right hand button with the light, you have approximately 20 seconds to move out of range of the key or the boot will remain open and the button will reset.

Steve

·
Registered
239 Posts
paulthewall said:
For those who have the electric tail gate and keyless entry . I don't understand why there are 2 buttons on tailgate one of which has a light on it they seem to do same thing . Can anyone explain to my thick head lol
The second button is for automatic closure when your hands are full. For example you are going to remove a large crate of beer from the boot and carry it straight to the house, you press the button first and then lift the crate beer and as you move a set safe distant from the boot with your hands full it will automatically close without you having to put the crate of beer down to press the close button.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
DeT said:
paulthewall said:
The second button is for automatic closure when your hands are full. For example you are going to remove a large crate of beer from the boot and carry it straight to the house, you press the button first and then lift the crate beer and as you move a set safe distant from the boot with your hands full it will automatically close without you having to put the crate of beer down to press the close button.
Of course if you don't plan to return to the car immediately, it makes sense to lock the car first. ;)

Steve

·
Registered
239 Posts
Steve correct and a good point to raise. I normally lock car on exiting and then open boot with foot swipe which then only opens boot keeping the doors locked so when you you use the automatic boot closure function your car will be fully locked as you walk away with your hands full.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts