Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Returned to the car yesterday to find the tailgate open about 30cm. The other doors were still locked. Never had an issue with the operation before, and when I presssd the lock button on the remote the tailgate closed. Have opened and closed it since using the button on the boot and foot swipe and no further issues.anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Are you sure it actually closed when you left it? My Tiguan hasn't got a motorised tailgate but my previous car, Citroën C4 Picasso, did. On that if it encountered an obstruction when opening or closing it would stop where it was.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had a neighbour knock to tell me my boot was half open last week It had definitely been closed ( I had been in the front garden earlier). I assumed I had pressed the button on the key while it was in my pocket. Has anyone else had something similar?

·
Registered
122 Posts
The other day I closed the tailgate and got in the car and pressed the start button only to find the tailgate stopped closing - I think because I pushed the start button

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Dave9_3
I can confirm niggly58 comments, tailgate will stop when it hits an obstruction.
For tailgate to be partial open would suggest key button would have to be pressed twice once to start opening, second to hold opening at given position.
I have found car unlocked and all windows opened on one occasion which I put down to pressing and holding open button while in pocket.
Cheers
Roy

·
Registered
174 Posts
i wish it made a beep when it fails to close due to obstruction.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Previously, when I owned a C4 Picasso, I was a member of the owners forum.
There was someone who was having issues with finding the car unlocked on his return. Once, with the tailgate opened.
I don't recall what exactly the cause was, but faulty door locks can create problems. There was a recall on some Citroen C4s for this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts