Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
On my last car, a Golf with DSG and electronic parking brake, when at traffic light for instance and I moved the gear selector from D to N, the parking brake would automatically came on. On my Tiguan, when I move from D to N, the parking brake stays off and I get a warning to use the parking brake.
I know I can just leave it in drive, and its also held by hill hold, but is there a setting anywhere to select parking brake to on when in N?

Ive had the car now since May, no rattles and at 8000 mls, needs a wash. Rear wiper blade being replaced under warranty, as the rubber seems to have went hard and screeches across window. Need mudflaps, as it does kick up a lot on front doors, will order when in for wiper blade. Adblue still says 1000mls to first top up, in general, very pleased !

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yes I found the same thought outohold would be on in neutral. I suppose you can always flick handbrake on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Beagler, I was so used to the Golf doing it automatically, I will ask at the dealer if it can be programmed to come on in N

·
Registered
463 Posts
Please report back. I have VCDS cable but not brave enough to dabble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts