Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have noticed differences in the 2,0 TDI engine covers. Some have the lettering TDI and VW logo on silver. On my 190 ps it is all in black. The battery also has no cover over it as it seems to have in many pictures (as it was on my golf MK6). Skoda Kodiaq seems to have the same setup with no silver and no cover for the battery on the 190 ps versions . How are your setups?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle
Here's mine 'gerge' ..... 2.0 TDi 190ps......logo's silver but no battery cover on top

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
No silver lettering on the engine cover of the wife's 190 R-Line........no batterycover either!.....must be spec specific :?:

·
Registered
9 Posts
gerge said:
Have noticed differences in the 2,0 TDI engine covers. Some have the lettering TDI and VW logo on silver. On my 190 ps it is all in black. The battery also has no cover over it as it seems to have in many pictures (as it was on my golf MK6). Skoda Kodiaq seems to have the same setup with no silver and no cover for the battery on the 190 ps versions . How are your setups?
On my 2.0 132kw TSI Higline has also black letters and logo. Maybe it's only at Finnish models :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RichyP said:
Here's mine (now that she's arrived!). 2.0 Tdi 150

20170321_155605.jpg
This looks exactly the same as my 2.0 Tdi 190

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bi turbo... looks the same as the others!

Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Automotive air manifold

Hood Car Automotive air manifold Motor vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
See in your pic DrMiles the Bi Turbo has a bigger coolant expansion tank....

·
Registered
97 Posts
And huge air intake filter (i presume). That is why the battery was moved at the back!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Has anyone got the 1.4 TSI that can confirm whether there's has an engine cover? It doesn't look like the 1.4 TSI comes with an engine cover in South Africa from all the units I've looked at.

Looks naked and unfinished

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
Looks like something is missing Cabby, although from the position of the air box you wouldnt be able to fit one in, I also think there may be some dampening of the engine noise from the cover and quite surprised there isn't one on there. Is it the same on the UK 1.4TSi?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hartside said:
Looks like something is missing Cabby, although from the position of the air box you wouldnt be able to fit one in, I also think there may be some dampening of the engine noise from the cover and quite surprised there isn't one on there. Is it the same on the UK 1.4TSi?
That's just on a 1.4 TSI here in South Africa. I've seen 3 and all don't have an engine cover. That was why my question about UK models having or not having it...

Edit: Just watched a German online review and there's no engine cover on their one either. Guess they leave it off the 1.4

·
Registered
555 Posts
That's just on a 1.4 TSI here in South Africa. I've seen 3 and all don't have an engine cover. That was why my question about UK models having or not having it...
Oops, sorry - had a couple of beers and didn't read that properly :oops:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts