Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Ive had my new tiguan SE Nav for just over a month and their is one little niggle that I hope someone can answer.

It may be the way I am driving but there has been instances, maybe 5 or 6 (mostly me but I think my wife has had it) of when the engine cuts out when either slowing to a junction or leaving a junction not long after it has been started from lying in the drive (5 mins) so not always right away. I am not sure but I think it is when the car is in neutral. It then says on the dashboard to start manually but I must kick start it when it goes into gear.

This has happened when the start/stop function is disabled as well as being enabled.

I appreciate I am not too clear on my description but I hoped someone could clarify or maybe provide feedback.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It does sounds like something to do with the start/stop, although I cant say for sure.

When start stop is enabled, what I do notice from other cars is that it can cut off the engine when stopping (near to complete stop), but some cars needs to fully stopped before engine is cut off.

It doesn't sound right though if your car's engine cut off if you just started moving away from junction/drive, anywhere in fact.

If your car has start stop disabled and your engine cut off without you switching it off then that has got to be a problem? I guess the sensible thing would be to have a look at the manual and give the dealer a call. As it sounds quite dangerous having engine cutting off when moving (no matter what the car was doing before)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Mine used to do something similar when pulling off from stand still it would stop as if it had stalled and I also had start car manually on the dash. Sometimes it would stop and restart on its own when pulling off not sat at a stand still where the start/stop would normally cut in.
This happened if the start/stop was switched off as well.
It happened to both my wife and myself a few times.
I was going to bring it up with my dealer but the car went back anyway so didnt bother.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hey guys....are we talking DSG...or...Manual here, :?: :?: :?: (as not every-one puts this in their 'signature') :D :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
salmonfisher said:
never had this problem. I would take it back to dealer to resolve its clearly a fault and not a common one.
+1

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think I've ready something about this possibly in the manual or on another forum where it relates to the key not being properly sync'd with the car so the immobiliser kicks in, sounds similar, have you tried it with the other key? I think the answer was to re-pair the key to the car, otherwise I'd definitely take it back to the dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts