Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Picked up a VW Tiguan from Lookers Preston a couple of weeks ago. Stupendous lease deals on the 2.0 BMT SE Nav were to be had from their fleet sales department so I got one in white for £126 per month. No brainer.

Lovely motor. Very similar interior to our other car (a Mk 7 Golf R) but much more relaxing to drive, has surprising standard kit (e.g. Lane assist, 3 zone climate) and it's really frugal. Extremely pleased with it!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hi Lawrie & welcome, great pics. Are you local to Preston as I'm just outside the area.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Lawrie said:
Hi Stumpy, thanks. :)

I'm in the village of Staining just outside Blackpool. Whereabouts are you based?
have sent you a pm 'Lawrie' :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome Lawrie,
Thought I recognised the name from the golf r forum as you were on from near the beginning ,I was on there also as bigal then something went wrong and had to change my name so went to AlanR.
You missing the power as well ?.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bigal said:
Welcome Lawrie,
Thought I recognised the name from the golf r forum as you were on from near the beginning ,I was on there also as bigal then something went wrong and had to change my name so went to AlanR.
Hi Al, Thanks.:)

I'm still on the R forum (VWROC as it's now known) and still have the Golf R. In fact I get a new Golf R in December to replace the red one pictured above. The missus uses the Tuguan for work and we use it for holidays etc because the space it has is perfect for the two of us and the three kids.

You've swapped your R for a Tiguan have you? The Tiguan is a lovely car and I love the height, equipment and efficiency. However the hooligan in me always reaches for the Golf R keys given the choice.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Lawrie said:
Bigal said:
Welcome Lawrie,
Hi Al, Thanks.:)

I'm still on the R forum (VWROC as it's now known) and still have the Golf R. In fact I get a new Golf R in December to replace the red one pictured above. The missus uses the Tuguan for work and we use it for holidays etc because the space it has is perfect for the two of us and the three kids.

You've swapped your R for a Tiguan have you? The Tiguan is a lovely car and I love the height, equipment and efficiency. However the hooligan in me always reaches for the Golf R keys given the choice.
Yes r had to go due to my back problems , was struggling to get in and out of it plus was lucky to still have a licence ;) .
Always put a smile on my face but made me so aggressive when driving :evil: .
Already extracting more power from the tsi :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah yes, the super low R is no good for a bad back at all.

The Tiguan will be much better. Plus the TSI engine will be peppy enough, and rapid versus most things (just not a Golf R). Our diesel is so relaxing to drive it doesn't make you want to rush at all. A completely different animal. Both great cars, for very different reasons.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Lawrie said:

The Tiguan will be much better. Plus the TSI engine will be peppy enough, and rapid versus most things (just not a Golf R). Our diesel is so relaxing to drive it doesn't make you want to rush at all. A completely different animal. Both great cars, for very different reasons.
Lawrie ,
What do you think of the pics of the Tiguan r seen in testing , that's going to be something isn't it .
Hope it's true as that would be awesome .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bigal said:
Lawrie said:

Lawrie ,
What do you think of the pics of the Tiguan r seen in testing , that's going to be something isn't it .
Hope it's true as that would be awesome .
It's interesting isn't it. They can't put the Golf R's engine in it and expect to steal many sales from the 240 TDI so I'm intrigued to see what they do. Perhaps they'll go 5cyl or hybrid?

I can't wait to find out. Also, how on earth will they make it look more aggressive than the R-Line (without over the top spoilers etc)?

·
Registered
169 Posts
You've got something there, didn't think about the 5 cylinder route ,just naturally thought r engine .
It's going to be watch this space but I know the Tiguan needs more power and if the finances stack up then there will be one on its way to me .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.