Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Still holding on to my X1 until VW start manufacturing the 2022 model R-Line in the hope of more standard features. For example Pano Roof, powered hatch maybe fog lights and crossing everything the option of the Black Pack in the UK.

Any seasoned veterans on here that can advise when production of the next years model usually starts at VW. Please can you help ?

·
Registered
136 Posts
They may do an R-Line Tech (as introduced with MY19 models) but I can't see the price staying the same. There's a lot of kit that got moved to the options list with the facelift model R-Line.

I reckon you'd be looking at around £3,000 more just to match the Elegance for equipment levels. Maybe more if they were to make things like Area view standard again.

You might as well buy now and add the extras you want. Or go for the Elegance if the features matter more that the sporty trim.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the intel all. What seems to be driving things in UK is the £40k luxury car tax. So that should keep prices down hopefully.

Interestingly I was also considering an XC40 but Volvo seem to be cutting kit from that each year change. Eg the embossed R-Design logo on the C Pillars, paddle shifters and chrome exhaust were all casualties with the change of model to MY2021.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Gollycrush said:
@ Sootchucker....why did you cancel 🤔🤔
Discussions in progress, it might not be cancelled after all and could be back on (dealer has been trying to get a sweetener). Will know in a few days so watch this space.

It was originally cancelled as my quoted 12-14 weeks turned into 22-24 weeks (unconfirmed yet). So let's see what happens :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Given that voice activation is a must for me, I'd be really interested if anyone has the Discover Pro unit, apart from the larger screen of course, would you order again or stick with the Standard unit and just add voice activation ?

Really appreciate all the input so far

·
Registered
16 Posts
Given that voice activation is a must for me, I'd be really interested if anyone has the Discover Pro unit, apart from the larger screen of course, would you order again or stick with the Standard unit and just add voice activation ?

Really appreciate all the input so far
I have a 2018 SEN 2lt auto diesel, voice control would not work ,asked a t VW dealers told it needed hard ware aswell as software to use voice command , is this true and if so how much would it cost.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can any one help, had car just over a week tried using voice command for calls etc but get message code needed. According to VW dealers hardware is needed as well as software is this true.

Thanks

2018 SEN DSG 2ltr diesel auto

·
Registered
209 Posts
I don’t think any hardware is needed as the dealer aquires a ’key’ from vw Germany and that is linked to the cars vin. The car then needs plugging into the dealers odis system to sync it with vw main computer and the key gets activated to allow voice control.

There are retro fitters of the keys and activation, such as East Yorkshire retrofits ( no affiliation), but in all honesty I wouldn’t bother as it’s expensive and if you have CarPlay then you have a better alternative with Siri. If you have an apple phone and connect it to CarPlay, then pressing the button on the steering wheel which you’d normally use for voice, then Siri activates. You can do everything and more via that route, eg, “Siri call….” , “Siri WhatsApp….” “Siri navigate to…..” Etc.
hope that helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the info, unfortunately I'm an android man but have connected phone to infotainment unit and can then use hi Google commands. I just want my cake and eat it as the saying goes.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thanks for the info, unfortunately I'm an android man but have connected phone to infotainment unit and can then use hi Google commands. I just want my cake and eat it as the saying goes.
Thanks again.
If you've connected the phone with android auto and it's plugged in to the USB, then you can activate voice control by pressing the same button you mentioned above, but hold it down for longer. I've done it and it works (y)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can any one confirm to me that it is only the left hand side mirror that dips when reverse is selected. On my previous car a 2016 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso, both mirrors dipped. It doesn't detract to how good the car is so if only one works so be it.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Can any one confirm to me that it is only the left hand side mirror that dips when reverse is selected. On my previous car a 2016 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso, both mirrors dipped. It doesn't detract to how good the car is so if only one works so be it.
Thanks
Yes, just the left side 👍

1 - 20 of 25 Posts