Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving yesterday in heavy rain and fog yellow warning triangle and I think ( doing 60 at the time) warning symbol in yellow which I think was car and tyre tracks ttc? Then another symbol.Car said something like ( sensor impaired) graphic of car looked like wheels ( front) highlighted.
Happened twice then all ok.Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had same thing. I'm sure it's the heavy rain impairing the radar sensor

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yes you can get this, it's the car warning you that the sensors and radar are having trouble seeing and it's telling you that the lane assist, ACC and other gizmos are not reliable or are not working, I other words you've got to drive and not rely on the car

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is this the symbol that came up ?

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
1. Yes it happens in heavy rain
2. If it happens when it's not raining, consider cleaning your front VW badge or perhaps even having it replaced

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have recently put this problem to VW - I'm awaiting a reply!

G

·
Had this issue several times, no same situation, differing weather conditions dealer fitted new badge sensor seems to have resolved the issue.... For now at least !

·
Registered
202 Posts
VW want me to take my Tiggy to a local dealer - I answered 'what's the point' when it is dry and clean it functions as it should but when it rains it malfunctions which could be dangerous!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Response from VW
Thank you for your recent email dated 27 July. Please accept my apologies for my previous correspondence.

We appreciate all customer feedback regarding our vehicles. We aim to continually improve and innovate, the products and services that we offer our customers.

Our German Parent Company, Volkswagen AG, is responsible for the design of our vehicles. I have forwarded your comments to the Factory for their consideration. It is only through feedback such as yours that we can ensure that we reach the high standards to which we aspire.

Thank you for taking the time to contact Volkswagen UK.

·
Registered
835 Posts
They really need to get this sorted.
If its happening on here I wonder if its happening on other VAG cars and even the Ateca.

EDIT. just checked the Ateca forum and they are also having the same problem and the Auto Hold problem.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Contact VW the more information they get should encourage them to do something!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts