Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at long last I've managed to arrange a 180TSI test drive for the weekend.
Thought it would never happen, bit of luck I'll be properly joining in this rat race in the near future.

Pointless post really but needed to say it as I've been waiting about 4 months for one to appear.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ha ha, good to hear the enthusiasm though

·
Registered
463 Posts
sbird1975 said:
Well at long last I've managed to arrange a 180TSI test drive for the weekend.
Thought it would never happen, bit of luck I'll be properly joining in this rat race in the near future.

Pointless post really but needed to say it as I've been waiting about 4 months for one to appear.
Be carefull or you'll get hooked. :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Test drive done. Loved it. A few things to sort then onto ordering.
The new screen looked superb.
Incidently the SEL demo had 20" wheels, felt these were a bit crashy around the mean streets of MK. Glad I'm not going for an R Line with Sports suspension as well.
Tied a TDI with 19's and DCC. Much more like it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The R-Line doesn't have the Sports Suspension, it has DCC

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
R lines in the UK have sport suspension with no DCC available. I believe overseas other options are available

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a R-Line here in the UK and I can assure you it has DCC

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That might be the Bi turbo engine

·
Registered
627 Posts
chris w said:
I have a R-Line here in the UK and I can assure you it has DCC
Chris - you have the Biturbo - which has the DCC - other RLines (non BiTurbo are Sports Suspension).

·
Registered
72 Posts
ah ok my mistake, I thought all R-Lines had DCC.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think in other countries, it can be specced and sport suspension deleted. I'll never understand why different countries have different trims and options.

·
Registered
627 Posts
sbird1975 said:
I think in other countries, it can be specced and sport suspension deleted. I'll never understand why different countries have different trims and options.
Market requirements might be different within each country

My guess is that the way it works is VW UK are there to spec for the UK market on what they think will sell, what price range matches similar car prices of equivalent models across competitors and still ensuring VW UK makes a profit. They are probably quoted all the prices of the individual add ons etc (such as alarm, screens, lighting, roof etc etc etc.) and have to "build" a car that they can say to dealers. "Sell this. "

I expect each country is similar but chops and changes specs knowing what can sell against competitors ensuring profit for them and profit for the dealers and more profit on add ons and optional extras.

Dealers are then given the specs to sell the car and what they can on top.

·
Registered
953 Posts
The VW configuration site say R line is with DCC in the U.K.!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Only if you select the Bi Turbo. In which case it's listed as standard kit. Any other engine, it's not nor listed as an option because of the sports suspension.

·
Registered
47 Posts
S bird, I have the 20" wheels and sports suspension on my SEL and I'm very happy with the set up. I was initially a little concerned that it might be a bit bumpy but that's not the case and the handling is that much better.

·
Registered
60 Posts
sbird1975 said:
I can take the sport suspension or dcc, in Highline/R line with all TDI or TSI motors and that is very nice.

But for example you dont get enything with the most expencive trims like Higline or R line.
Have to pay for navigation 700eur, and Dla lights 800eur

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's horses for courses on what suits but on my test the 20"'s added enough of an edge to not want sports suspension. Or 20"'s for that matter.
I've got 19"'s and 'normal' suspension on the Mondeo and that's as far as I'd want to go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts