Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had two services now and each time I've asked if there were any software or firmware updates installed, and each time I've been told there weren't any.

I used to have a Mondeo, and each time it was in for anything there always seemed to be a few updates available.

I have updated the satnav maps myself a couple of times, but I don't think this touches the car's firmware.

Is my dealer correct that there haven't been any updates in the past two years? How can I check what version I've got, and what it should be?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
182_blue said:
Not sure on the cars firmware but my head unit had a firmware update to fix an issue so there's at least one they possibly haven't applied to your car.
Thanks

From selecting, Menu - Settings - System Information I got this...

Media player Communication Device Radio Gadget Font

Would be handy if others could post theirs for comparison. It doesn't look like there's anything risky about this info from a security standpoint.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 MY SEL 150 TDI DSG 2Motion in Caribbean Blue with rear camera, park assist & fully debadged
2,564 Posts
Here's mine. I have a 2018MY Tiguan so the newer flat screen unit. I see yours is a first generation unit so there are differences which are only to be expected.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Interesting that none have the same number for either software or hardware. I would have expected perhaps the hardware to have the same number across a selection of vehicles.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had a full day at the dealer doing updates to software and a recall - told it was updating for the whole day !!

since update lost all radio station logos and even after reloading them - keep losing several of them - Wlan sort of works now :( :shock:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts