Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked the Tig up yesterday, but not really any chance last night for a decent run. Had to drive from Cardiff - Berkshire and back today, so a good chance to get a proper feel.

Firstly, was very refined at 70-75. Trip MPG was showing around 51mpg (car's got 1300m on the clock ). Very comfortable, and lovely to have such a high seating position and good visibility after my Golf. WIfe was also very impressed with refinement and comfort.

Navigation worked a treat, didn't put a foot wrong (once off the M4 - I really don't need it to get from Cardiff to Cheively junction on M4 :D )

Really relaxing drive with DSG after years of manuals. And though I used ACC in the Golf, as a manual it had some limitations. In the DSG Tig, it was put to full use, including bringing me to a complete stop when traffic built up. Heart in mouth the first time, with foot hovering over the brake, but once I trusted the car it was a breeze :shock:

Overall very happy, apart from the bugs I've collected on the windscreen!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Statto1927 said:
Picked the Tig up yesterday, but not really any chance last night for a decent run. Had to drive from Cardiff - Berkshire and back today, so a good chance to get a proper feel.

Firstly, was very refined at 70-75. Trip MPG was showing around 51mpg (car's got 1300m on the clock ). Very comfortable, and lovely to have such a high seating position and good visibility after my Golf. WIfe was also very impressed with refinement and comfort.

Navigation worked a treat, didn't put a foot wrong (once off the M4 - I really don't need it to get from Cardiff to Cheively junction on M4 :D )

Really relaxing drive with DSG after years of manuals. And though I used ACC in the Golf, as a manual it had some limitations. In the DSG Tig, it was put to full use, including bringing me to a complete stop when traffic built up. Heart in mouth the first time, with foot hovering over the brake, but once I trusted the car it was a breeze :shock:

Overall very happy, apart from the bugs I've collected on the windscreen!
I'm really pleased to hear that you are happy with your DSG. I too will be making the transition from a Golf manual to a DSG for the first time.

At the moment I'm concerned whether I've made the right decision as I have always been more than happy with manual gear changes. Hopefully I will feel as happy as you are when my Tiguan arrives.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll love it!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Statto1927 said:
You'll love it!
That's a + 1 from me also...... you will never go back to manual for sure :) :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Negativepitch said:
Where in Cardiff did you buy it from?
Sinclair VW. 2nd purchase from there. Two really good experiences for me - best customer experience I've ever had from any dealer to be honest.

·
Registered
627 Posts
JJ1 said:
At the moment I'm concerned whether I've made the right decision as I have always been more than happy with manual gear changes. Hopefully I will feel as happy as you are when my Tiguan arrives.
don't worry about it - I was the same - concerned with my choice, but have to say, I don't think I'll go back to a manual now - absolutely love it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Enjoy the DSG , suits the Tiguan , easy going relaxing ride

1 - 8 of 8 Posts